FA Cup Third Round: sunderland (A) 06/01/24 @ 12:45 - Live on ITV

Saw Dummet retweet the announcement by the official account and every post underneath was "drill into them the importance of this one, make sure everyone knows". I just think we need to be up for a tough game of football, be ready, well drilled and treat them like any other game against lower league cloggers. We don't need anything getting in the players heads other than it's another game of football we need to win and we'll win comfortably.

I don’t think knowing what it means to the locals makes a blind bit of difference like. We’ve played in some of the most intimidating atmospheres in Europe this year ffs. I think they will treat this just like every other game. Go out there to win, impose our game on them. Them being bang up for it will be taken as a given. Doesn’t mean they’ll be any good.

39 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

Saw Dummet retweet the announcement by the official account and every post underneath was "drill into them the importance of this one, make sure everyone knows". I just think we need to be up for a tough game of football, be ready, well drilled and treat them like any other game against lower league cloggers. We don't need anything getting in the players heads other than it's another game of football we need to win and we'll win comfortably.

Fuck treating it like every other game against lower league cloggers.... that would be Cambridge and Sheff Wed.

Treat it as it is, a game against a mid championship team with a little extra spice because of geography. 

Edited by madras

I was ready to write off this competition and just put out an entire u17s if the injury situation was similar, since we really don't have the team to compete in 4 competitions, but now I guess we have to put out a half-decent team.

Really looking forward to seeing a midtable championship team having to deal with our press if we are up for it, you don't get anything close to that there and even PSG were not used to it.

Everyone worrying about them kicking us to fuck I really can't see them having the players to play that way. As already been said they fancy themselves as a footballing team who can play

Apart from o nien I can't see any of them as wannabe hard men

I’m the most pessimistic fan going (scarred by fat Mike) but I just cannot see us not doing a professional job on them. No way does Howe not have the hunger to want to whallop them.

We have given some good sides a hiding in their own back yard and this will be no different. 

1 minute ago, Danh1 said:

I’m the most pessimistic fan going (scarred by fat Mike) but I just cannot see us not doing a professional job on them. No way does Howe not have the hunger to want to whallop them.

We have given some good sides a hiding in their own back yard and this will be no different. 

This i fully back Howe to get this fixture and get the job done.

4 minutes ago, madras said:

I was expecting more bravado from RTG to he honest.

Almost as if them giving it the biggun from the safety net of being in a different league was all a front. :lol:

I'm sure that if we lose a few over Christmas and/or they win a few it’ll all be different as we approach the game. 

2 minutes ago, WideopenMag said:

When will the date and time of this be confirmed? Hopefully its a Saturday and no Mondays off required.

Soon you’d think, but not too sure.

I reckon midday on the Sunday, which is proper shite.