FA Cup Third Round: sunderland (A) 06/01/24 @ 12:45 - Live on ITV

54 minutes ago, Paully said:

Mental how there's no ticket details yet!

Heard loads of different things but the one that keeps cropping up as I said the other day is those lot in the usual away end and us lot below them so about 5000!

If that's the case I'm assuming they'll have to turn in all their coins/lighters/vapes at the turnstiles like they make the away fans who usually sit up there do.

5 minutes ago, SteV said:

I’m not really sure I want to know the answer to this, but has there ever been an adequate explanation as to why missiles being thrown is such an issue at SoL, but it isn’t at SJP?

It's not an issue. Just the usual mackems blowing everything out of proportion because when they were in League One it happened a couple of times. Ironically most incidents of missile throwing at their place in recent years have come from the home end and they were all glorifying in throwing missiles down onto us at SJP the bunch of massive hypocrites.

On 13/12/2023 at 08:15, SteV said:

I doubt there’s actually anything dodgy going on but they’ve made a bit of pigs ear of the explanation of it all, which inevitably leads to what’s going on now.

Aye, I think their owner put £10k in.

Was a strange one. Originally they asked for 10k and their owner put the 10k in, so then they said actually we need 15k and once they'd raised 14k they came back and said they wanted 17k for it. Loads of mackems started accusing them of foul play after that. 

They're no Wor Flags that's for sure.

44 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Some of their  fans on that thread now saying we are getting the South Stand (old away end).

Mental them lot like. Will no doubt be the usual 2.5k in the usual away end. Proper heedthebaals.

Seems like there’s a rabbit off somewhere if it’s taking this long to announce it.

Eales said in his interview that they expected to announce early this week, so something must have happened/changed.

4 minutes ago, SteV said:

Seems like there’s a rabbit off somewhere if it’s taking this long to announce it.

Eales said in his interview that they expected to announce early this week, so something must have happened/changed.

Someone on there saying the Police stepped in and wanted 3k away fans after the clubs agreed 5k. Seems feasible.

Also someone on Twitter (I know, but he’s someone I know personally) reckons it is because they’re going to make everyone get over there by bus and they’re sorting that out before announcing it. Surely this isn’t true though. 

Either way, you’d expect the reality of the situation to be known soon. 

6 minutes ago, SteV said:

Heard so many different rumours on this. Latest one is the clubs have agreed an allocation but policeare pushing back on it. Could be bollocks like, does seem strange it is taking this long.

Just now, Danh1 said:

Someone on there saying the Police stepped in and wanted 3k away fans after the clubs agreed 5k. Seems feasible.

Also someone on Twitter (I know, but he’s someone I know personally) reckons it is because they’re going to make everyone get over there by bus and they’re sorting that out before announcing it. Surely this isn’t true though. 

Either way, you’d expect the reality of the situation to be known soon. 

Making everyone get the bus seems like stepping back about 20 years…

As you say though, will know soon enough.

2 hours ago, SteV said:

Making everyone get the bus seems like stepping back about 20 years…

As you say though, will know soon enough.

Actually preferred the bus ride era compared to the metro ride 😆