FA Cup Third Round: sunderland (A) 06/01/24 @ 12:45 - Live on ITV

1 minute ago, Geogaddi said:

I agree about the last week, going out the champions league and league cup has meant we need to change priorities but before that we had people saying Sunderland was our biggest game of the season which was absolute nonsense .

Yeah, I disagreed with that as well, but we are in this spot now so the reality is this has now become our most important game.

9 minutes ago, WideopenMag said:

Some people seem determined to play this down seemingly makes you superior If this game doesn't bother you.

It's not even playing it down , giant killings happen especially in cups , so if we do get beat it's not a reason to start questioning Eddie although looking at the way some of our so called fans go in it will no doubt happen, we have lost to worse teams than Sunderland since Eddie came in.

Edited by Geogaddi

5 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

It's not even playing it down , giant killings happen especially in cups , so if we do get beat it's not a reason to start questioning Eddie although looking at the way some of our so called fans go in it will no doubt happen, we have lost to worse teams than Sunderland since Eddie came in.

Comparing it to Liverpool vs Tranmere is playing it down. It's one of the biggest rivalries in British football and a cup knock out game. Questions will be asked of both Eddie and the team if we get beat as we shouldn't be loosing to these giving the gap in class.

1 minute ago, NUFCDoog said:

Could be the shittest derby in history this, two absolutely shite in form teams scrapping it out

To be fair our struggles are coming in the Premier League and Champions League. This lot are getting hammered at home to Coventry. We'll have far too much quality for them. 

34 minutes ago, Decky said:

To be fair our struggles are coming in the Premier League and Champions League. This lot are getting hammered at home to Coventry. We'll have far too much quality for them. 

Aye I get you but we just lost to Luton like, who whilst in the Prem are hardly Premier League quality, Sunderland away will be more intense than today. I'm really concerned tbh

15 hours ago, Decky said:

But we are losing to teams with a lot less quality than us now. 

23 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Today could be a good indicator on how we’ll fare in this game, Luton might be more physical than the mackems, but keen to see how we go in these surroundings today and how composed we look.

We’re fucked!