Newcastle United 2-3 Manchester City (13/01/23)

Yorkie

To consider how many minutes Miley has had is indicative of our issues this season. Not a go at him but with even a normal injury situation he wouldn’t be anywhere near the pitch

1 minute ago, Mattoon said:

Glad I watched this with a Liverpool supporting mate rather than followed along on here :lol: you'd think we were shocking. It was a gut punch to lose but look at the facts, we were good for our 2-1 lead but ultimately they were able to bring on a world class player when our players were gassed plus another couple of LFL class players and we had Lewis Hall 🤷‍♂️

It is what it is, I'm proud of the effort the team gave today, Dubravka made some amazing saves to keep us in it, we defended well for the most part and we countered with intent and clinically when we got the chance. The difference between us was the fact their squad is worth twice the price of ours and their subs were better than our starting players. Gutting but had a feeling of inevibility about it, KDB changed the game.

Lewis was the least of our problems today but well put

21 minutes ago, Scoot said:

To be brutally honest, we deserved fuck all from that game. You cannot play like we did second half and expect to get anything from games, especially against City.

I understand we have injuries and couldn't change anything mind. But we were pretty shite tonight.

We are pretty shite full stop but loads on here wont accept that 

4 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Some of the take in here are getting to be twitter levels of bad. Or cringe as the kids would say.

Your opinion is sick! 

1 minute ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

I would rather we’d have gone for it more against probably the best side in the world but how exactly do you propose we did that looking at our bench? 

3 minutes ago, lee55 said:

Great Post 

No it's not.  Far too long.  Look, it would have been an injustice if Man City hadn't of won, they were great.  It's the manner in which the defeat materialised.  Shit marking by Trips and a crap goalkeeper.  You see, much shorter and to the point.

Just now, Upthemags said:

Lewis was the least of our problems today but well put

Miley would have been eased in, subs appearances, maybe a Carabao or two. Instead the lad has been chucked in the deep end and has showed he can swim admirably. However, he’s struggling which what most youngsters don’t have which is 8/10 consistency. Foden struggled at the start of his career to show that. Man City though were able to nurture him through much more steadily.

He’s now a first team squad fixture by merit but will never be able to be a Bruno. Yet. But he could be.

3 minutes ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

Genuinely don’t know whether you’re taking the piss playing heel, half cut, or just a dumbass.

Nothing to do with having half a squad missing or the number of games we've played. No, we're just shite. 

Genuinely embarrassed we have ignorant berks like you among our 'support'. 

1 minute ago, Rod said:

No it's not.  Far too long.  Look, it would have been an injustice if Man City hadn't of won, they were great.  It's the manner in which the defeat materialised.  Shit marking by Trips and a crap goalkeeper.  You see, much shorter and to the point.

But also bullshit? I can quickly say things that make no sense. We would've won that if it wasn't for the French revolution.

Just now, UncleBingo said:

Nothing to do with having half a squad missing or the number of games we've played. No, we're just shite. 

Genuinely embarrassed we have ignorant berks like you among our 'support'. 

Why's that then Bingo, because I call it how it is, you want to convince the massed ranks were a good team ? 1 in 12/ 13 doesn't make Newcastle a good side, whatever you or you ilk think, were very poor & the facts back that up 

Why's that then Bingo, because I call it how it is, you want to convince the massed ranks were a good team ? 1 in 12/ 13 doesn't make Newcastle a good side, whatever you or you ilk think, were very poor & the facts back that up 

When was the last time you had your boiler serviced? 

10 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Did it look s conscious decision to sit back or did they pin us back?

I'll grap some highlights later.

It will be a bit of both. They obviously committed more men forward because of them being behind, so will be taking more risks. As we got more tired, we will have dropped off further still.  

Once it seemed obvious we couldn’t get out via passing and the long ball to chase was no longer working due to tired legs and/or adjustments by them. Their tactic was to just keep players up the whole time. So we regularly had nobody even near their half. 

They always had men over and their movement and interchanging was a joke. Hard to defend against that with a high press for 90 minutes and with no viable options off the bench. 

So who are going mad here? I see that Rulyasleevesup or whatever is trolling yes, but other than that i see people making some valid points that have been issues for months now. It is not the result, they (Man City)are great we know that. Also, we know that injuries is the number 1 reason for our form. But, there is other issues too, i dont know if talking about those make people bedwetters. Maybe it does

Edited by soyt

5 minutes ago, Andy84 said:

To consider how many minutes Miley has had is indicative of our issues this season. Not a go at him but with even a normal injury situation he wouldn’t be anywhere near the pitch

Thats extremely harsh. Dont think he is ready to be starting either, atleast not alongside Longstaff. But he has had a couple of really excellent performances this season.