FAC R5: Blackburn Rovers (A): 27/02/24 @ DELAYED 20:00 (Live on BBC One)

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Turnstiles caused the delay? At least it’s not just us who are a shambles 

Considering its away fan turnstiles are we sure it's not because we've forced Blackburn to enforce our away ticket spot checks? Might still be our fault. :lol:

Just now, Lush Vlad said:

Nice to finally have some options on the bench. Pope and Targett still to come back this season and hopefully Botman won’t be out long, as well…….

28 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

But it didn't make sense against the team who have scored the most set-piece goals in the Premier League and have half a dozen 6ft+ players that are aerial threats?

Not starting Burn against Arsenal was a mistake. I said this prior to the game because of their aerial threat and they caused havoc from set pieces all game.

I do know ball a bit.

I was never part of the 'Tino must replace Burn now' brigade, happy with either. Saka can punish you in many ways though while I don't know a single player starting for Blackburn. You face a lesser team and getting the variance of set pieces down is good, it's one of the reasons Pep likes his 4 CBs now. 

27 minutes ago, Jordan said:

Longstaff over Miley annoys me more than Burn over Tino tbh [emoji38]

I thought similar. But we’ve been saying for weeks, months, even. That Miley is playing too much football. Anderson and Willock are back now. Big IF. But if they can stay fit. Then Longstaff won’t be getting too many more starts if he keeps playing like he has of late. 

I thought Gordon might have got a rest. He runs himself into the ground every week and this felt like a perfect game for Barnes.

Either way. At least we’re going with a strong team. Unlike so many of Howe’s predecessors. 

16 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

Had no idea this lot were still owned by Venkys. Assumed they'd peddled them. 

Whenever I think of venkys and the ownership of Blackburn Rovers, this cringe advert springs to mind.:lol:

46 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

But it didn't make sense against the team who have scored the most set-piece goals in the Premier League and have half a dozen 6ft+ players that are aerial threats?

Not starting Burn against Arsenal was a mistake. I said this prior to the game because of their aerial threat and they caused havoc from set pieces all game.

I do know ball a bit.

You're both good in your own fields. I'm sure Eddie couldn't be completing billion pound business deals. You couldn't do what-, well, you could do what he does, and I think he knows that. Probably what spurred him on.

Well it's nice to see a bit of pace in the squad with Murphy, Willock & Gordon.

Not surprised Botman is out of the fray today, completely out of sorts at the weekend, and Lascelles let no one down earlier in the season when he was stepping in.