Nottingham Forest 2-3 Newcastle United (10/02/24)

Yorkie

7 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Just seen Forest were robbed apparently. Player takes a poor touch, loses control of the ball and runs into a keeper who is trying to get the ball but, tv keeps showing a view from behind which for shortens the distance.

Just to be clear; that was never a penalty. And, just to be clear; Andy Hinchcliffe absolutely hates us and shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near our games.

Agree regarding Hinchcliff, got no idea what his problem with us is.

13 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I missed the match from about 20 minutes in. So happy with the result and I feel the need to reassert my love for Edward.

Can someone sum up the events in a word?

In a sound? 

Hmmmumphweee

9 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Not worth following the match thread once all that nonsense starts. I usually just bounce now.

It is just so embarrassing, cringe worthy and clueless.

:thup: Got hounded for holding the mirror up. "Weird behaviour" apparently..... as opposed to slagging off every player because you can't control your emotion during a game. It's the pits. I'm pleased I'm not alone.

14 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Not worth following the match thread once all that nonsense starts. I usually just bounce now.

It is just so embarrassing, cringe worthy and clueless.

I might be wrong, but pretty sure I’ve seen posts from you in many a match thread slating our players mind.

4 minutes ago, STM said:

:thup: Got hounded for holding the mirror up. "Weird behaviour" apparently..... as opposed to slagging off every player because you can't control your emotion during a game. It's the pits. I'm pleased I'm not alone.

You seem to struggle to control yours quite regularly in fairness. You even apologised for it last week.

16 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

That NUFCWill1892 account that gives the team early has been deleted after he said Gordon was out today. [emoji38]

That dickhead even started a Patreon to get people pay for his bullshit.

1 hour ago, andycap said:

I still think Hayden could of done a job for us at the end of games with his defensive game. Should of kept him then got shot in the summer. 

I'm very surprised. Anything is better than nowt. 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

You seem to struggle to control yours quite regularly in fairness. You even apologised for it last week.

I apologised for making it personal, yes.

That's what good people do, reflect on their own behaviour.

Perhaps you should reflect on your child-like emotions during a match thread. Unless you think you are being rational.[emoji38]

Alot of the long time N-O members are now avoiding the football section because of the irrational, emotional responses from those who can't deal with turbulence during the game. I'm just fighting their corner. 

I don't always agree with @KaKabut he's spot on, its like kids not getting their candy because we aren't winning. 

Just now, STM said:

I apologised for making it personal, yes.

That's what good people do, reflect on their own behaviour.

Perhaps you should reflect on your child-like emotions during a match thread. Unless you think you are being rational.[emoji38]

Alot of the long time N-O members are now avoiding the football section because of the irrational, emotional responses from those who can't deal with turbulence during the game. I'm just fighting their corner. 

I don't always agree with @KaKabut he's spot on, its like kids not getting their candy because we aren't winning. 

What child like emotions did I have ? Making it personal is the most child like thing to do ?

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

What child like emotions did I have ? Making it personal is the most child like thing to do ?

You are arguing back now?

You've been given examples of people calling for Howe to get sacked etc, yet you still fight that side. It's highly embarrassing.

You either get behind them, or you don't. You don't. You want to whinge and bitch and moan. Keep doing it. You will continue to be called out.

I too am finding it hard to go through the match threads, but i am also not at all immune of getting really annoyed and posting as such, but it is winding me up how incredibly negative some get. 

3 minutes ago, STM said:

You are arguing back now?

You've been given examples of people calling for Howe to get sacked etc, yet you still fight that side. It's highly embarrassing.

You either get behind them, or you don't. You don't. You want to whinge and bitch and moan. Keep doing it. You will continue to be called out.

I may have misunderstood your original point, I’m not arguing back against you calling out post being abusive towards Howe or the players. Or you calling out posts calling for him to be sacked. I agree it’s nonsense. But I do think posts questioning why Burn continues to play, or why we are so easy to play through in midfield are fair enough and worthy of discussion. I do agree in the heat of a match things can go OTT but for the most part I think you can get quite a decent debate without the need for it to get personal.

Edited by SUPERTOON

9 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I may have misunderstood your original point, I’m not arguing back against you calling out post being abusive towards Howe or the players. Or you calling out posts calling for him to be sacked. I agree it’s nonsense. But I do think posts questioning why Burn continues to play, or why we are so easy to play through in midfield are fair enough and worthy of discussion. I do agree in the heat of a match things can go OTT but for the most part I think you can get quite a decent debate without the need for it to get personal.

If you have a look back at the pre match thread, there's a big post where I explain what I think we should do (Murphy as a number 10, as daft as it sounds) and Livramento in for Burn. Howe didn't switch Burn, which i disagree with but actually did change the other part, put Bruno further forward (which worked).

My issue is entirely with the reaction of people during the game. I'm an idiot for letting it bother me.

These are a great group, a really good manager, with chronic injuries. Of course its not going to be smooth sailing. Is it so hard to ask for people to just control their emotions a little and support the team?

Analyse after, critique after etc but just show support (I know the players can't read this but I feel like "support" is a tangible thing that spreads).

Get behind them. Then reflect. That's all I'm asking. The match thread is awash with batshit emotion. That's all I'm saying.

Edited by STM

1 hour ago, Andybiotics said:

That was awful.

Looked so much better with Tino/Barnes on the pitch, but absolutely dreadful overall.

Serious questions of Howe once again. Lucky to get anything from that.

What a tarts arse you are.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

If you have a look back at the pre match thread, there's a big post where I explain what I think we should do (Murphy as a number 10, as daft as it sounds) and Livramento in for Burn. Howe didn't switch Burn, which i disagree with but actually did change the other part, put Bruno further forward (which worked).

My issue is entirely with the reaction of people during the game. I'm an idiot for letting it bother me.

These are a great group, a really good manager, with chronic injuries. Of course its not going to be smooth sailing. Is it so hard to ask for people to just control their emotions a little and support the team?

Analyse after, critique after etc but just show support (I know the players can't read this but I feel like "support" is a tangible thing that spreads).

Get behind them. Then reflect. That's all I'm asking. The match thread is awash with batshit emotion. That's all I'm saying.

Fair enough, I’ll be honest, any of the ridiculous OTT posts I just choose to ignore at this stage. No issue with you or others calling them out mind, and aye the match thread can be mad at times but I suppose that’s in part the nature of loving football.

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Fair enough, I’ll be honest, any of the ridiculous OTT posts I just choose to ignore at this stage. No issue with you or others calling them out mind, and aye the match thread can be mad at times but I suppose that’s in part the nature of loving football.

Just to give an idea of what I'm talking about, Andybiotics has been quoted above. :thup:

Madness for me but perhaps I'm in the minority. [emoji38]

1 minute ago, STM said:

Just to give an idea of what I'm talking about, Andybiotics has been quoted above. :thup:

Madness for me but perhaps I'm in the minority. [emoji38]

Completely agree regarding that ?

48 minutes ago, midds said:

Really strange game that one today, we won but I wasn't that impressed by how we did it. Some of them ran themselves to a complete standstill - which is admirable and confusing at the same time. We looked soft as shit, easily opened up like a tin of beans and gave away another 2 sloppy as fuck goals whilst converting all of our big chances. I'm going to need to sleep on that.

It's definitely not the slam dunk "we won so it doesn't matter how we did it". It absolutely does matter if legit concerns are still there. I'll think I'll just be thankful for the 3 points tonight and focus on Bournemouth now 

I was going to say - you can’t underplay the commitment  and work rate Howe gets from the players. It’s a big factor in why the team can sustain a lot of pressure and not concede the goals we probably should. We are also scoring a lot of goals  which is great and we never look totally down and out. We have fight. 

But we don’t look a well coached team atm - particularly defensively.  Glaring weaknesses again and again with what looks like good options sitting on the bench. I’m not a betting man but an Elanga goal contribution was inevitable the moment you saw Burn starting.