Nottingham Forest 2-3 Newcastle United (10/02/24)

Yorkie

Just now, joeyt said:

Sky desperate to sell Bruno

His shrug earlier and answer “yeah I can play as a 6, 8, 10 - it doesn’t really matter to me” did get me a little hard and I don’t mind admitting it.

I'd go 5-2-3 until we get our strikers and centre mids fit. 

Karius

Trippier

Schar

Botman

Burn

Livramento

Guimaraes 

Longstaff

Gordon

Murphy

Almiron (false nine) 

It should alleviate fatigue in miley

Wilson isak etc. 

Just now, andycap said:

Karius

Trippier

Schar

Botman

Burn

Livramento

Guimaraes 

Longstaff

Gordon

Murphy

Almiron (false nine) 

Wilson isak etc. 

:lol: 

15 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Great win. But these match threads man, seen EH described as "a fucking idiot" and a "fraud" over the course of 90 minutes. Fucking shocking following these threads.

It's the same person with the majority of the negative stuff about eddie and they wreak of cheesy chips and blue pop.

7 minutes ago, andycap said:

Karius

Trippier

Schar

Botman

Burn

Livramento

Guimaraes 

Longstaff

Gordon

Murphy

Almiron (false nine) 

Wilson isak etc. 

You shouldn’t be this shitfaced at 8pm.

23 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Great win. But these match threads man, seen EH described as "a fucking idiot" and a "fraud" over the course of 90 minutes. Fucking shocking following these threads.

It's always the same posters week in week out, blatant jealous mackems on the wind up. It must be killing the SMBs that we are so far ahead of them. 

Fairly insipid overall, though an away win is not to be sniffed at - we basically had 3 chances and scored 3 - 2 of which came from set pieces and one came from them playing a bad ball on the edge of their box.

They got through on goal a couple times. No pace in our back line or CM so to be expected I guess. M-Dubz didn't have many other saves to make to be fair. Burn got rinsed a couple of times 1st half, thought he was much better second half (perhaps because we were sitting in mainly).

We did a hipster and put Tripps into a holding midfield 2 on the ball, but we lost all our patterns of play on the right wing and so Almiron did nothing. Bruno was allowed to push further forward, which I'm generally in favour of as he's our best and most creative CM. Miley and Longstaff both quite safe and passive in overall play though so never really got anything going.

Overall tempo very low. We did seem to be playing a different system though so perhaps not surprising that things weren't that smooth.

Thought Barnes looked bright when he came on. Gordon tried hard and was knackered by the 80th minute and probably should have come off sooner. Tino assured. Wilson lasted 90 minutes! Didn't do much but he lasted. Krafth sighting, which means I got to google how to spell his name!

Anyway, points on the board, baby! We haven't had many scrappy, undeserved wins this year and we're due one.

Almost forgot, Bruno is class. If he was fast I reckon he'd have a shot at making it at this level.

Edited by Checko

Right, I'm back.  So sorry but had my email "hacked".  Yes it was a welcome 3 points but .......... our defence AND goalkeeper are shocking at the moment.  If we are to compete with the top six then a massive improvement is required.  By massive, what I actually mean is possibly three class players to slot in.  I am expecting a strong finish to the season.  We will finish 5th.

33 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Once again, as with Villa, Tino comes on and we look so much better at the back.

We do, but it's not entirely down to Tino. We also go a lot more defensive with a back 5 out of possession.

21 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

It is clear that we are really struggling with Miley in midfield. He really isn't ready to play every game from the start. But we have nobody else.

Shows how much of a beast joelinton is. Willock might not be a DM but he covers so much ground in midfield it takes pressure off the defence. 

Mileys going to be a cracking player, done amazing really in the circumstances