Newcastle United 2-2 Bournemouth (17/02/24) | Reaction: pg 34

Yorkie

If we could fucking defend then we'd be comfortably 4th now and that's incredibly painful to realise. 

Something has to change and unfortunately for Burn, he's the one that has to make way. If we're going to leave ourselves so open then we need Tino to be in the back four to provide some recovery pace. If the tactics have to change to make that happen, then so be it. 

3 minutes ago, STM said:

Shite performance again. Absolutely naive.

Summed up by Schar at 1-1 when we need a cool head to calm the game down, he hoofed it up the pitch, giving it away, putting needless pressure on the ball. It's those moments where we need a cool head and our experienced players aren't doing it.

We are playing basketball, not football. Also fuck off with Burn man. We instantly looked better with Livramento. Enough is enough.... he will probably start at Arsenal.

Feel like Tino in at arsenal for the inevitable defeat will just give Howe the excuse he needs to put burn back in.

Glad for the draw, but massively disappointed with recent performances.

Obviously we are trying to cobble a midfield together which isn't ideal, but we just look so easy to bully these days.

1 minute ago, Big Geordie said:

Kind of a repeat of the Luton game - very open, loads of chances for other side and a fair result all round. Credit to Newcastle for fighting back twice - again. :thup:

Really lacked a striker up top today - and we also don't have much physicality in midfield. I also assume the knives will be out for Dan Burn again. For the record - was a wonder strike by Semenyo - I don't think Dan did much wrong.

It was a good strike, mainly because he had nobody blocking his path to goal [emoji38]

Just now, NE27 said:

Glad for the draw, but massively disappointed with recent performances.

Obviously we are trying to cobble a midfield together which isn't ideal, but we just look so easy to bully these days.

Ref letting them foul endlessly doesn't help either.

It’s daft and entertaining at the moment, but we look like a disorganised rabble a lot of the time.  And we’re not that far off a starting XI - swap Miley and Dubravka out for a GK and one of Joelinton / Willock / Tonali and have a fit centre forward and it’s a potential first XI.  The fatigue excuse went some time ago.  

1 minute ago, Mazzy said:

If we could fucking defend then we'd be comfortably 4th now and that's incredibly painful to realise. 

Something has to change and unfortunately for Burn, he's the one that has to make way. If we're going to leave ourselves so open then we need Tino to be in the back four to provide some recovery pace. If the tactics have to change to make that happen, then so be it. 

It also doesn’t help that we can’t keep a striker on the pitch. That’s when we’re replying on the likes of Murphy and Almiron to bury chances. 

Would have been absolute robbery if we'd won that. We're ridiculously volatile and if we're going to play like that we can't afford to have Miggy failing to square it twice when the opportunity comes.

Dubravka at fault for both goals, but saved what looked like certain goals. I'm yet to see us play well against Bournemouth under Eddie. :lol: Even last season when we were class they were a bogie team and I'm growing to really dislike playing them.

Dubravka: 4

Trippier: 6

Schär: 6

Botman: 6

Burn: 5

Longstaff: 5

Bruno: 7

Miley: 6.5

Almiron: 4

Gordon: 6.5

Barnes: 6

Murphy: 6

Livramento: 6

Ritchie: 6.5

Fair result in the end.

Can't fault the lads for effort, but it's far too easy to expose and pull out defence out of position at the moment. Dubravka's confidence being on its arse doesn't help either.

1 minute ago, Big Geordie said:

Kind of a repeat of the Luton game - very open, loads of chances for other side and a fair result all round. Credit to Newcastle for fighting back twice - again. :thup:

Really lacked a striker up top today - and we also don't have much physicality in midfield. I also assume the knives will be out for Dan Burn again. For the record - was a wonder strike by Semenyo - I don't think Dan did much wrong.

Im sorry but if you think that moving away from the ball to cover nothing is the right way to defend 1v1 I dont know what football you watch.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Would have been absolute robbery if we'd won that. We're ridiculously volatile and if we're going to play like that we can't afford to have Miggy failing to square it twice when the opportunity comes.

Dubravka at fault for both goals, but saved what looked like certain goals. I'm yet to see us play well against Bournemouth under Eddie. :lol: Even last season when we were class they were a bogie team and I'm growing to really dislike playing them.

Dubravka: 4

Trippier: 6

Schär: 6

Botman: 6

Burn: 5

Longstaff: 5

Bruno: 7

Miley: 6.5

Almiron: 4

Gordon: 6.5

Barnes: 6

Murphy: 6

Livramento: 6

Ritchie: 6.5

Bit harsh on Dubravka.

2 minutes ago, Checko said:

No injuries today at least (as far as I could tell).

Medical team on the pitch to conduct emergency amputation on Schars arm at FT.

Edit: But he will of course play next weekend anyway.

Edited by Conjo

Just now, McDog said:

Bit harsh on Dubravka.

First was unlucky but you can't ignore it, the second went through him and I thought a lot of his saves we're needlessly dramatic. First half he made 2 very good saves tbf.