Blackburn Rovers 1-1 Newcastle United - NUFC win 4-3 on pens (27/02/24) | Reaction: pg 70

Disco

Guest reefatoon
3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Take off Longstaff and Murphy, bring on Barnes and anyone. 

Totally agree. Both of them are terrible really.

We are a side that is low on confidence but for the most part in control of the game but have lost a bit of our sparkle, confident we will win this by a couple of goals in the end, just a typical cup game away from home against a lower league side.

Stop wetting the bed people.

7 minutes ago, Disco said:

Blackburn playing well tbf to them. Well organised and breaking at pace against our slow as fuck defence and midfield.

We're making them look good 

Murphy has been disappointing. You would expect at this level players like him would really want to put them to the sword but he's just turning round and looking for back passes.

1 minute ago, healthyaddiction said:

Wasn't just on hear. It was something that was going around in the media a bit too. I remember Talk Sport doing a bit on who was better.

So 2019 then? Can’t even remember how good Rice was back then, but it’s quite obvious Longstaff is nowhere near as good as he used to be, for whatever reason.

Just now, TRon said:

Murphy has been disappointing. You would expect at this level players like him would really want to put them to the sword but he's just turning round and looking for back passes.

He’s just a really poor player tbh.

Just now, TRon said:

He's a mid-table Championship player at best to be fair.

Guest reefatoon
2 minutes ago, TRon said:

Was watching Isak to see what he was doing up front, he was moving around across the back line, if we could find a pass into the right channel early on, I would fancy him to be in. But most times none of our players are even aware he's making those runs.

He needs players closer around him, he’s always so isolated. Thankless task for anyone at the minute to be upfront for us.

Look like a team terrified of conceding a goal. Too safe, slow and unambitious.

There are clearly a lot of issues with the team at the moment, no matter how much some are trying to cover their eyes to it.

Whilst a win will be good, which I do think we’ll grind out, the performance matters a lot. You won’t build confidence with a scrappy win against a struggling Championship team in a disjointed performance.

We need a good, fast, free flowing win. Which is easier said than done with the position we’re in at the moment.

Guest reefatoon
3 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

I was being a tad sarcastic [emoji38]

You daft loony [emoji38] You actually rate him?

I knew you were taking the piss. [emoji38]

Edited by reefatoon

4 minutes ago, Zero said:

Yea I know but I can’t think of any reason that we can be that shit against Blackburn. It’s Blackburn man.

Maybe Eddies given up and is waiting on the England job ? : )

3 minutes ago, Chris L said:

Search “longstaff rice” on twitter 

Have you ever got an opinion wrong? Or do you just turn up and act like a smart arse?

2 minutes ago, MagMal said:

We are a side that is low on confidence but for the most part in control of the game but have lost a bit of our sparkle, confident we will win this by a couple of goals in the end, just a typical cup game away from home against a lower league side.

Stop wetting the bed people.

Tend to agree, we have been average but the situation obviously suits a lower team who want to sit and counter. Expect us to get the job done still. 

Just now, Aiston said:

He's a mid-table Championship player at best to be fair.

It's not that surprising some players doesn't matter who you are up against, manage to drop to their level. Longstaff is another one. No level is low enough to get them to shine.