Newcastle United 1-1 Everton (02/04/24) | Reaction: pg 40

Yorkie

Don't want to go over the same stuff about Dummett from last night but, he was terrified to play football from the moment he came on the pitch...  It has been too long since he played and now he is completely finished, watching him look to offload the ball to someone else from the moment he received it was actually quite pitiful.  I think a youngster who is getting regular football with the reserves of the U21's would have been a far better choice to come on at the end when Hall was finished.  My lad says Alex Murphy is really good and deserves a chance, I have not seen him play so I am not able to comment.

Just another hangover from the Ashley era, bloated squad of championship players stunting our growth, it's going to take years to fumigate the place with PSR.

Our bench and one or two of our starting line up have no business in a team looking for European qualification regularly.

Ultimately we're at that point again where we need to seal the win in the first hour or we'll struggle to put an impression on the game.

can't be too mad at Dummett - he really stepped up against City in the LC this season and then again at Old Trafford 

he messed up last night like so many others have also done this season 

he will likely be needed in the run in so hopefully he can manage okay and fans don't turn on him 

12 hours ago, Kanji said:

I love Hall and Anderson man. 

Anderson shouldn't have come off. He was playing well and the fact that Everton were a combative team I feel we got even more lightweight when he went off. 

Of course we all want to see willock on, but I would have looked elsewhere 

26 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

Anderson shouldn't have come off. He was playing well and the fact that Everton were a combative team I feel we got even more lightweight when he went off. 

Of course we all want to see willock on, but I would have looked elsewhere 

He definetly should have like, he could barely run.

Anderson was fucked.  Barnes looked like he was gassing and didn't have the same impact on the game late on.  Longstaff looked terrible all game, but was still able to run.  Hall couldn't manage 90.  Isak faded late on, again.  Krafth has barely played this season.  

If we had options on the bench.  We would have made more changes, it's as simple as that.  Take your pick on quite a few that could have come off.  But I understand why it was Anderson. 

2 hours ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Felt like a lot of games during winter - played well, should have been 2 or 3 up but then got gassed, unable to bring on anyone to impact the game whereas the opposition are able to freshen it up and bring themselves back into the game.

Everton are crap and very lucky that there's dross at the bottom end of the table. Would love nowt more than to see them drop, but sadly they'll have enough. Got some good fixtures too, praying they need to go to Emirates last game and need something to stay up.

Also their fans at the end ' you've never won fuck all'. Most of the fuckers singing it were still in their dad's sack the last time they done anything meaningful in 95 ffs :lol: Just as relevant as me singing about us winning the FA Cup in the 50s.

Agree with this. Was like December again. Praying to be two goals clear before 65/70mins. The Burn goal would’ve killed it or Hall staying on might of got us over the line otherwise.

Not sure Everton are safe if they get as expected another 6 point approx deduction mind. Will be tight.

5 hours ago, LFEE said:

Just seen the studio footage. You all know what I think and my preferred ruling is but even a sensible compromise is just draw the line on feet only. Preferably the back foot for as much leeway as possible but would’ve stood with either it seems looking at the freeze frame.

All this shoulder, arm, head stuff is awful. The delay at the ground is killing the game.

What bothers me most is even if they wanted to interpret the rule that way, why does it matter if a shoulder or head is offside if neither the shoulder or head are used in the build-up/goal? If Isak had sent a shoulder pass across to Burn, then sure whatever it's offside, but his shoulder played no part and gave no advantage.

That's just giving them the benefit of the doubt when it really should just be feet and that's it.

The sooner the Wenger offside rule comes in the better. 

Never understood why we punish attackers for reacting quicker whilst still being behind the defender.

Edited by Thumbheed

Moments like that represent the apex of my VAR hatred, like. You can argue that it's an unjust imposition on the game at the best of times but those incidents are beyond the fucking pale. It's never fucking 'offside' in a million years; it's a perfectly good goal. 

20 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

The sooner the Wenger offside rule comes in the better. 

Never understood why we punish attackers for reacting quicker whilst still be behind the defender.

It's like the isak disallowed goal at anfield, he's running so his head is bent forward, it's not like he's scoring a 50 yard header. 

Just draw the line at the feet unless you actually putting it directly in the net 

Any team giving Ashley Young more than 10 league starts at the age of 38 deserves to be relegated and have all their things taken from them. 

8 hours ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Felt like a lot of games during winter - played well, should have been 2 or 3 up but then got gassed, unable to bring on anyone to impact the game whereas the opposition are able to freshen it up and bring themselves back into the game.

Everton are crap and very lucky that there's dross at the bottom end of the table. Would love nowt more than to see them drop, but sadly they'll have enough. Got some good fixtures too, praying they need to go to Emirates last game and need something to stay up.

Also their fans at the end ' you've never won fuck all'. Most of the fuckers singing it were still in their dad's sack the last time they done anything meaningful in 95 ffs :lol: Just as relevant as me singing about us winning the FA Cup in the 50s.

Wonder if those who got up to leave when it looked as if we'd gone 2 up sneaked back to their seats again? Red faced after the VAR decision. 

Absolutely threw 2 points away last night. Everton fans must hate watching the continuous hoof ball they are playing, no attempt to play football.

I have some sympathy with the “good” Everton fans, the rest deserve to see their team go down, it might do them some good. One thing is certain, if they do stay up, they’ll be a nothing club and continue to stink the league out. 

Pickford must have kicked the ball a good few miles last night.