Newcastle United 1-1 Everton (02/04/24) | Reaction: pg 40

Yorkie

1 minute ago, El Prontonise said:

We missed Gordon.

Based on 2/2 of his games vs Everton, we might not have :lol:

Thought Barnes did really well anyway as well.

26 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Doubt we'll ever get anywhere to agreeing if you think their chances weren't chances like. Most Premier League teams punish you in those moments.

Tarkowski's header after 8 minutes (0.25xg) and Docoure after 43 minutes (0.12xg) were their only shots to register over 0.07xg in the game other than the penalty. The Garner shot which hit the post was a 0.04xg effort generated from very little tbh.

Edited by Smal

Just now, El Prontonise said:

We missed Gordon.

:lol: we did. We also missed our fourth choice LB when he went off injured. 

I totally empathise with anyone fuming with how we chucked those points away but I really am at shoulder-shrugging stage with it. My expectations couldn't be much lower at this point. 

13 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

It's easy to blame Dummett, but Isak missing that sitter man. Got to score.

I was amazed when he missed that considering the contortions he went throught to score the first one. But yeah I'm still blaming Dummett.

Just now, Smal said:

Tarkowski's header after 8 minutes (0.25xg) and Docoure 43 minutes (0.12xg) after were their only shots to register over 0.07xg in the game other than the penalty. The Garner shot which hit the post was a 0.04xg effort generated from very little tbh.

Does XG account for a keeper who rarely saves a thing

Just now, Dr.Spaceman said:

Does XG account for a keeper who rarely saves a thing

I guess any shot is a chance against Dubs tbf, so I'll concede I'm wrong. 

4 minutes ago, Smal said:

Tarkowski's header after 8 minutes (0.25xg) and Docoure 43 minutes (0.12xg) after were their only shots to register over 0.07xg in the game other than the penalty. The Garner shot which hit the post was a 0.04xg effort generated from very little tbh.

xG.  :anguish:

27 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

Torn between wanting Everton finally getting relegated and fucking off, and them staying up so we can pump them hard next season. The two results against them make me angry.

Nah, I want them to fuck off forever man. Honestly so long as I have followed football, all they have ever done is kick the opposition off the park. Now they have Dyche and their aim is to midtable kicking the fucking living shit out of anyone they ever come across. Fuck them off man, a club who hang on themselves on being 2nd best during the 80’s as an accomplishment, and giving them a self of entitlement.

Fuck off into nothingness where they fucking belong, just a Northern Palace who had a good spell once.

Made a point of watching Pickford tonight and if it wasn't for the obvious connections, I'd have him in a flash.

He's quick off his line, can read things developing early so is already in a great starting position, good kicker, very good shot-stopper, and he never shuts the fuck up organising his defence and to his bench when he sees things that aren't right. Probably the best of the rest outside of the City & Liverpool Brazilians. Obviously he's not perfect but he's excellent. 

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Made a point of watching Pickford tonight and if it wasn't for the obvious connections, I'd have him in a flash.

He's quick off his line, can read things developing early so is already in a great starting position, good kicker, very good shot-stopper, and he never shuts the fuck up organising his defence and to his bench when he sees things that aren't right. Probably the best of the rest outside of the City & Liverpool Brazilians. Obviously he's not perfect but he's excellent. 

Aye he's a top keeper

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Since he's not coming here I'd prefer just to refer to him as shite/overrated, and a massive twat.

7 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

:lol: we did. We also missed our fourth choice LB when he went off injured. 

I totally empathise with anyone fuming with how we chucked those points away but I really am at shoulder-shrugging stage with it. My expectations couldn't be much lower at this point. 

It’s a Paul Dummett moment that cost us three points, not much else.

8 minutes ago, Smal said:

If that shot is a 0.04xG then it's frankly, wrong and doesn't pass the eye test :lol:

we win that game with Gordon - I forgot what a frustrating player Dummett is- not once did he pass forward, always back.  Was it a pen?

Just now, duo said:

we win that game with Gordon - I forgot what a frustrating player Dummett is- not once did he pass forward, always back.  Was it a pen?

It was the most pen pen to ever pen 

50 minutes ago, Chrisjraby said:

I hope we never see Dummett in a Newcastle shirt again

this 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000%

7 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

He's really the reason we didn't get the win tonight. He was so frustratingly good.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

He's really the reason we didn't get the win tonight. He was so frustratingly good.

He'd never come here and the fans would never accept him, shame really because he'd be ideal. 

Disappointing as fuck, that. Should've killed the game off in the first 65 minutes. Were incredibly passive last 25 minutes and let them back into it. Huge opportunity missed.

13 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

It’s a Paul Dummett moment that cost us three points, not much else.

Just seen the highlights - he wrestles Young to the ground.  Hopefully last EVER game for the Toon.

Should’ve murdered them, but sadly we don’t have a good enough team to guarantee that. Lots of mistakes and missed opportunities that top teams don’t do. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

9 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

If that shot is a 0.04xG then it's frankly, wrong and doesn't pass the eye test :lol:

it's how I saw it at the time tbf. A 1 in 25 chance of scoring sounds right for an edge of the area shot with 4 defenders (iirc) and a keeper to get through. Sorry, I'm gonna stop now :lol: