Footshooters United

Terrymac1966

6 hours ago, Pablo said:

Ketsbaia stripping off and kicking the crap out of the advertising boards after scoring.

Best bit is what they never show, after the game restarts, when the ball is passed to him, he just wellies it as far as he can off the pitch [emoji38][emoji38]

In terms of games, the AZ Alkmaar double header. Shouldn’t we have gotten out of the home fixture better than 4-2? And then we were wasteful in the away game? Can’t remember it that clearly but I’m sure we fucked ourselves over 

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

In terms of games, the AZ Alkmaar double header. Shouldn’t we have gotten out of the home fixture better than 4-2? And then we were wasteful in the away game? Can’t remember it that clearly but I’m sure we fucked ourselves over 

Yep - similar to Sporting Lisbon in the quarters, beat them 2-1 up here and were 1-0 up over there and lost 4-1! Worst week I've had watching NUFC that - 

Uefa Quarters - Sporting Lisbon 4-1 NUFC on the Thursday (1-0 up conceded 3 in the last 20)

FA Cup semi - Man Utd 4-1 NUFC on the Sunday

League - Norwich 2-1 NUFC on the Wednesday (1-0 up and conceded 2 late goals)

What was the midweek home game under Pardew when we were winning and coasting until he had the bright idea of substituting our two best players on the night and we lost as a result?

7 minutes ago, Terrymac1966 said:

What was the midweek home game under Pardew when we were winning and coasting until he had the bright idea of substituting our two best players on the night and we lost as a result?

Sounds a bit like Reading but that wasn’t a night game

20 minutes ago, Terrymac1966 said:

Reading.

2-0 up, took off Marveaux and Cabaye.  Went on to lose 3-2.

Blamed the fans post-match.

GK - Mike Hooper

RB - Early Warren Barton

CB - Titus Bramble

CB - Steven Taylor

LB - NO's perception of Dan Burn

RM - Joey Barton

CM - Danny Guthrie

CM - The Evil Mastermind formally known as Longstaff

LM - Someone from Red/Blue

ST - Albert Luque

ST - Craig Bellamy

2 hours ago, gbandit said:

I think we conceded a pen very late on which they missed but put in the rebound. We absolutely battered them all game and rained shots on their goal. I'm not sure about being wasteful at their place, we were pretty rotten if memory serves. We played for a draw and they were up for it. 

The Sporting Lisbon one as mentioned above is one that will forever stick in the throat of many a Newcastle fan. Had a clear route through to the trophy and messed it up in spectacular fashion. 

Edited by Stuy_O

I remember this very well, he got one chance in the final to get a shot off- and skied it.

Macdonald's Supermouth – Newcastle United, 1974

Malcolm "Supermac" Macdonald's unnatural high regard for Malcolm "Supermac" Macdonald came back to haunt him in spectacular fashion in the 1974 FA Cup final. Never one to keep opinions to himself, the luxuriantly side-burned Newcastle striker, who had scored in every round of that season's competition, dominated the build-up to the game with his boasts of the damage he would inflict on Bill Shankly's Liverpool. In the end he barely got a touch as Liverpool romped home 3-0, the biggest winning margin in a final for 14 years, with Kevin Keegan scoring twice against his future club. Liverpool's captain Emlyn Hughes was asked what his team's main motivation had been. He replied: "Malcolm Macdonald." AH

11 minutes ago, Sima said:

Reading.

2-0 up, took off Marveaux and Cabaye.  Went on to lose 3-2.

Blamed the fans post-match.

Think it was one nil and Le Fondre score twice late on. Fans turned on Pardew from that match onwards. 

5 hours ago, Bimpy474 said:

Best bit is what they never show, after the game restarts, when the ball is passed to him, he just wellies it as far as he can off the pitch [emoji38][emoji38]

Did he get booked or sent off, or did it cost us anything? 

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

Did he get booked or sent off, or did it cost us anything? 

He didn't get sent off, I can't remember if he got booked though. Just a hilarious thing from start to finish, bonkers he was [emoji38]

23 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Jenas handball at Highbury near the start of the 03/04 season. Think it was 2-2 at the time and he inexplicably stuck his hand up and gave them the game. 

I was a proper raging kid about that. I had 7 on my shirt for him (though not his name) and started to try and scrape it off

4 hours ago, Stuy_O said:

I think we conceded a pen very late on which they missed but put in the rebound. We absolutely battered them all game and rained shots on their goal. I'm not sure about being wasteful at their place, we were pretty rotten if memory serves. We played for a draw and they were up for it. 

The Sporting Lisbon one as mentioned above is one that will forever stick in the throat of many a Newcastle fan. Had a clear route through to the trophy and messed it up in spectacular fashion. 

Incidentally if we'd beaten Lisbon we'd have had AZ in the semi. (and CSKA Moscow in the final)

36 minutes ago, Terrymac1966 said:

Not with it....explain please 🤔

Was allowed to play against us and scored meaning we didn't beat Portsmouth and put a massive dent in our CL hopes in 2004.

On the UEFA Cup theme; Gary Speed missing near enough an open goal in the Marseille first leg. The Drogba factor might still have sealed the deal but if we'd had something to defend over there, you never know. 

3 hours ago, Yorkie said:

On the UEFA Cup theme; Gary Speed missing near enough an open goal in the Marseille first leg. The Drogba factor might still have sealed the deal but if we'd had something to defend over there, you never know. 

Yeah, that was ‘sliding doors’

I don’t think we’d have beaten Rafa’s La Liga-winning Valencia team in the final, mind :) 

Shout out to Steve Harper being lobbed from 60 odd yards by Xabi Alonso! 

His slip when furiously backpeddling was hilarious! 🤣

17 hours ago, Skeletor said:

Was allowed to play against us and scored meaning we didn't beat Portsmouth and put a massive dent in our CL hopes in 2004.

Sure it was a last minute goal too. Boro won the league cup that day to add to my miserable coach journey back. Our coach broke down, North Yorkshire area I think. The replacement coach still had plastic Boro flags on the seats to anger me more. Must have dumped them lot off then got the call to pick us up.

2 hours ago, Joe1984 said:

Shout out to Steve Harper being lobbed from 60 odd yards by Xabi Alonso! 

His slip when furiously backpeddling was hilarious! 🤣

Did it happen twice to him or am I imagining it?