Newcastle United vs. Tottenham Hotspur: 13/4/24 @ 12:30 (TNT Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Spurs do have their defensive problems on the road. In the last couple of months they've conceded four at Brighton, three are Fulham and two at Everton and Man United.

While there has been an improvement in the last couple of games, the concern is how open we are ourselves. 

Van de Ven being back fit is massive for them, mind.  He basically covers their entire back line when they all fuck off up the pitch.  He's ridiculously fast and agile for a big man.  

Bit off topic.  But it would be a worry that he's already getting hamstring injuries when he relies on such explosive pace.  He's only young, isn't he? 

Fancy it to be a close game for 70 mins, then their bench will make the difference, with Spurs coming away with a 1-3 win,

As others have said, would snap your hand off for a draw.

37 minutes ago, mondonewc said:

This could be any score, hopefully it's our day and we'll win, would be a huge win for us.

This is where I'm at. One of those games that can go either way as there's not too much between the teams. 

If we win then we become favourites for top 6. If we don't then we're still well in the hunt but the MU game becomes huge. 

I assume we miss Willock for this. 

If we go at these we will get shredded open, low block and just get the job done.

Dubs

Murphy, Krafth, Schar, Burn, Hall

Bruno, Longstaff

Barnes, Gordon

Isak

Their pace, players dropping into the hole between defence and midfield and the amount of players they throw forward concerns me. Son, Maddison, Johnson, Werner are all players that are dangerous to us.

I hope we sit back a bit more and hit them on the break. Similar to how we played at Villa Park, think we can get some joy if we do that. Draw won't be a bad result, but we can win this!

Even IF we had only a 10% chance of winning I wouldn’t take a draw beforehand. Fuck that loser mentality. Try and win every game :thup:

2 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Even IF we had only a 10% chance of winning I wouldn’t take a draw beforehand. Fuck that loser mentality. Try and win every game :thup:

We need 58 points to get Europa now, 1 point is crucial in a game we are expected to lose.

Draws vs Brentford, Brighton, win vs Burnley, Sheff United, Palace and we are in Europa with Man U and Spurs as free hits.

By my working if we beat Man U we finish above them mind and we may well be qualified for europa when we play them.

2 minutes ago, TRC said:

We need 58 points to get Europa now, 1 point is crucial in a game we are expected to lose.

Draws vs Brentford, Brighton, win vs Burnley, Sheff United, Palace and we are in Europa with Man U and Spurs as free hits.

By my working if we beat Man U we finish above them mind and we may well be qualified for europa when we play them.

Expecting to lose? Fuck that, I am not expecting us to lose that, especially at home. They are vulnerable like any other team. 

Edited by Ikon

47 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Expecting to lose? Fuck that, I am not expecting us to lose that, especially at home. They are vulnerable like any other team. 

We couldn't beat Everton at home, and we got battered for 60 minutes vs Fulham. Spurs dismantled us earlier this season. I like your optimism but it feels fairly blind. 

I'd be delighted with a point.

1 hour ago, TRC said:

We couldn't beat Everton at home, and we got battered for 60 minutes vs Fulham. Spurs dismantled us earlier this season. I like your optimism but it feels fairly blind. 

Well the bookies have Spurs as very slight favourites, Spurs got battered for 90 minutes at Fulham and lost 3-0, they've won two home games vs bottom 4 teams and have 7 points from last 12, same as us and we had tougher games, not hard to frame things either way. 

1 hour ago, TRC said:

That's some excellent confirmation bias.

I have no idea which way this one is going, for what it's worth.

we've had some great home results against Spurs down the years 

some fond memories include

7-1 Keegan

6-1 Robson FA Cup

4-0 Robson

a few late winners (Ketsbaia, Duff - how the hell did that team go down?)

a few 3-1s 

2-1 Pardew

5-1 relegation season 

6-1 last season 

cause for optimism I suppose 

fuck Spurs 

22 hours ago, LFEE said:

If bought as a ballot/membership ticket I would’ve thought not but worth asking. You’ll be able to return it if no good I wouldv’e thought if you don’t leave it too late. 

Spoke to the ticket office - it's a no.

2 hours ago, TRC said:

We battered Everton at home, just didn't get the second goal. We didn't get battered for 60 minutes off Fulham, was about 30 minutes. We were the better side for the rest of the game. 

However, I actually agree. I would take a draw. Momentum is important.

43 minutes ago, Earp said:

Spoke to the ticket office - it's a no.

Where is the ticket for? Might know someone who’ll take it?

Should be a fun game, both sides are capable of brutally exposing each others glaring weaknesses. Us with the balls down the sides with runners from central areas, them with pace and Maddison have free reign in the massive space in front of our defence.

I’d be starting Gordon on RW and Barnes on LW this game. If Trippier isn’t fit, I wouldn’t be against Murphy starting over Krafth, just for the legs and extra pace in back line. 

17 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Just try your luck with entering as an adult, fairly sure they won't have time to check. 

going to try that