Newcastle United 4-0 Tottenham Hotspur (13/04/24) | Reaction: pg 36

Yorkie

Very interesting analysis when viewed from our POV. In particular he says Spurs are crying out for someone like Bruno to play the 6 role, when we spend loads of our time talking about moving him out of that position :lol:

14 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Very interesting analysis when viewed from our POV. In particular he says Spurs are crying out for someone like Bruno to play the 6 role, when we spend loads of our time talking about moving him out of that position :lol:

Those 2 quarter back passes. Filth! 

1 minute ago, OCK said:

I'm glad we didn't sign Maddison, as I don't think he'd do half the pressing he'd be expected to do.

Yep, I don't think we'll sign anyone like that for a while TBH. Maybe if we transition to having more possession in certain games. But for now I think taking a CM out would cause more problems than it would solve. 

23 minutes ago, OCK said:

I'm glad we didn't sign Maddison, as I don't think he'd do half the pressing he'd be expected to do.

We could do with a little more creativity in the midfield though. Our excellent attack is kind of making up for it at the moment. Maybe Tonali can bring that?

Edited by Erikse

6 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

He loves us, they can keep dreaming and fuck off! 

I know it. He said this week he loves the project and wants to stay. To get him they’d have to change his mind, offer him gigantic signing on fees/wages and give us well over £100m which I doubt they can afford. I know FFP is a bastard but we aren’t ran by Ashley anymore, you’re not dealing with the same club. 

He’s got a contract until 2028 and has the best goals per 90 in the league, I think his valuation would price most clubs out. 

Chelsea and Man U have PSR concerns so couldn’t afford him. City have Haaland. Liverpool have concerns in other areas. Would Arsenal drop £120m if they could get Toney, Gyokeres etc for much less. 

40 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

Sick of “top 6” fans just assuming they’re having Isak like he’s a free sample at Tesco. 

I speak in a VERY condescending way to any "Big Six" fan I come across, explaining that they used be the Big Six, but that the writing is on the wall, and soon we will be the "Big ONE" and they will be scratching around for crumbs underneath us !!!!

While what I say to them is definitely, and obviously, TRUE, I am a little bit ahead of the curve. But I think we are only three or four years of steady (but fast) progress away from that.

We will be the B I G - O N E !!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by manorpark

1 hour ago, OCK said:

Said that all last summer. He’s a typical Spurs player. Not sure he wouldv’e fitted into this dressing room either although admittedly he’s probably not as flash as he used to be or is made out to be.

41 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

Sick of “top 6” fans just assuming they’re having Isak like he’s a free sample at Tesco. 

The "Top 6" concept is a joke.

We're 6th now. And we were 4th last year. And we're all pretty confident that next year we can do better than this year, if and when we've got an actual squad available again.

At least one of those clubs is deluded if they think they're in any kind of Top 6 conversation.

4 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

The "Top 6" concept is a joke.

We're 6th now. And we were 4th last year. And we're all pretty confident that next year we can do better than this year, if and when we've got an actual squad available again.

At least one of those clubs is deluded if they think they're in any kind of Top 6 conversation.

The concept invented by Sky is the "BIG 6", not the Top Six. At any given time the Top Six in the league will be made up of different teams.

It is the BIG Six the idiots talk about, or the "Sleazy Six" as I think of them !!

14 minutes ago, manorpark said:

I speak in a VERY condescending way to any "Big Six" fan I come across, explaining that they used be the Big Six, but that the writing is on the wall, and soon we will be the "Big ONE" and they will be scratching around for crumbs underneath us !!!!

While what I say to them is definitely, and obviously, TRUE, I am a little bit ahead of the curve. But I think we are only three or four years of steady (but fast) progress away from that.

We will be the B I G - O N E !!!!!!!!!!!

The small 19

2 hours ago, Joelinton7 said:

I know it. He said this week he loves the project and wants to stay. To get him they’d have to change his mind, offer him gigantic signing on fees/wages and give us well over £100m which I doubt they can afford. I know FFP is a bastard but we aren’t ran by Ashley anymore, you’re not dealing with the same club. 

I'm confident that both Isak and Bruno will stay for atleast 1 more season. Even if they were in doubt (probably not), the club would probably be able to convince them about staying for atleast 1 more year. Unless they get an astronomical bid that is, which is also not likely imo.

Edited by Erikse

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

I don't want to jinx it.

But we have been a bit fortunate that Bruno hasn't picked up any injuries this season.

If he's not playing, we don't have any classy passing in midfield spaces.

Not to mention the coverage in the midfield with suspension and injuries. Even Man City struggle without Rodri most of the time. I can only imagine if Bruno was out for a period of time..

1 hour ago, Erikse said:

I'm confident that both Isak and Bruno will stay for at least 1 more season. Even if they were in doubt (probably not), the club would probably be able to convince them about staying for atleast 1 more year. Unless they get an astronomical bid that is, which is also not likely imo.

Why would you think that?

I would think that the club wants and expects them to stay till the end of their contracts and then to renew them.

Goodness only knows what other great players will have joined us (and them) by then.

There seems to be a problem, a genuine problem, with people adapting to the club that we now are.

Darren Eales target audience for the "FFP rumours" was not our own supporters, it was to get a wide-ranging debate going around the EPL about FFP. He has succeeded.

1 minute ago, manorpark said:

Why would you think that?

I would think that the club wants and expects them to stay till the end of their contracts and then to renew them.

Goodness only knows what other great players will have joined us (and them) by then.

There seems to be a problem, a genuine problem, with people adapting to the club that we now are.

Darren Eales target audience for the "FFP rumours" was not our own supporters, it was to get a wide-ranging debate going around the EPL about FFP. He has succeeded.

Tend to agree, it doesn't really make football or financial sense to sell Bruno or Isak because we'd end up needing several new signings just to finish in the same league position or worse. 

Maybe wishful thinking but that's how I see it too. 

1 hour ago, Interpolic said:

Just a motivator. 

The blueprint to beat Spurs was done by Wolves, then copied by Fulham and us. We executed the plan well but the basic blueprint we cant claim.

7 minutes ago, TRC said:

The blueprint to beat Spurs was done by Wolves, then copied by Fulham and us. We executed the plan well but the basic blueprint we cant claim.

Aye, like I said. 

28 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Tend to agree, it doesn't really make football or financial sense to sell Bruno or Isak because we'd end up needing several new signings just to finish in the same league position or worse. 

Maybe wishful thinking but that's how I see it too. 

Not wishful thinking, just reality and common sense.