Crystal Palace vs. Newcastle United: 24/4/24 @ 20:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

If we can find a win here and beat Sheffield United at the weekend we will be in a great position. Chelsea and West Ham could easily lose their next game so we could find ourselves 9 and 8 points ahead respectively with just four games to go.

7 minutes ago, Vaj said:

If we can find a win here and beat Sheffield United at the weekend we will be in a great position. Chelsea and West Ham could easily lose their next game so we could find ourselves 9 and 8 points ahead respectively with just four games to go.

Cant see any of Chelsea West ham Brighton etc getting over 57 points now like. Win tonight and we won't finish lower than 7th

52 minutes ago, Conjo said:

He's up against Burn, Schar and White(?) so it'd be pretty bad if he didn't win :lol:

Oh is he, fair enough [emoji38]

Although his lack of pace isn't that obvious to me,but I'm knockin on a bit 😉

1 hour ago, NG32 said:

I think it will be a tough game like. 

They're a different beast with Mateta, Eze and Olise all fit. 5 goals last time out, and pace all over the pitch.

It looks like their new manager has started to bed his ideas in as well. Definitely not a banker

Getting more and more desperate to finish sixth and shove King Rat’s face in the mud. If Man U lose the FA Cup final and finish below us, and they haven’t paid for Danny “Green Fingers” then it’s going to look pretty bleak for them going forward. We have to win tonight 

7 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

They're a different beast with Mateta, Eze and Olise all fit. 5 goals last time out, and pace all over the pitch.

It looks like their new manager has started to bed his ideas in as well. Definitely not a banker

yeah we are starting to see his ideas take place. 

Palace seem to have started to gel now and are showing the potential that everyone assumed they would have with the new manager.

Out of the two teams playing at their best level we should have enough to squeeze a win here tonight.

---------------------Dubs----------------------

Tino------Krafty------Schar-----------Burn

---Longstaff------Bruno------Anderson---

Gordon---------Isak-------------Barnes---

Nice to have callum back on subs bench

3 hours ago, Elma said:

You must be younger than me. We won six in a row here once (think I was at four of them). Personally, considering our troubles in the capital at one time, I'd consider it one of our happier hunting grounds.

Yes. One of our best historical success ratios is against Palace - both overall and since 1992. 

2 hours ago, 54 said:

That is one shit graphic on that tweet :lol: 

It’s as bad as one of those “wrestling” posters you see about in small towns featuring Burn as the grizzled and bitter vet teaming up with the underhanded Krafth going up against the young high flying upstart Anderson and the champion and showman Bruno. 

1 hour ago, buzza said:

Palace seem to have started to gel now and are showing the potential that everyone assumed they would have with the new manager.

Out of the two teams playing at their best level we should have enough to squeeze a win here tonight.

---------------------Dubs----------------------

Tino------Krafty------Schar-----------Burn

---Longstaff------Bruno------Anderson---

Gordon---------Isak-------------Barnes---

Nice to have callum back on subs bench

Same team but re-jig the defence for me.

Krafth-Schar-Burn-Tino

I would worry about Mateta physically against Krafth and Burn has looked so much better at centre back and I think we need to keep that momentum going.

Mind you, Murphy was decent last week as a wing-back. Could well go the same way but with Tino on the left: Murph---shcar---burn---tino