Newcastle United vs. Sheffield United: 27/4/24 @ 15:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

1 hour ago, Ginola14 said:

exactly - on their travels 

City only beat them 2-0

Spurs 2-1 stoppage time turnaround 

Chelsea 2-0

Liverpool 3-1 with late goals 

Man U 4-2 with late goals 

I think we will win this relatively comfortably, but don't be surprised if it's not by much 

Lost every single one.

1 hour ago, Ginola14 said:

exactly - on their travels 

City only beat them 2-0

Spurs 2-1 stoppage time turnaround 

Chelsea 2-0

Liverpool 3-1 with late goals 

Man U 4-2 with late goals 

I think we will win this relatively comfortably, but don't be surprised if it's not by much 

Drew with Villa as well 

"We're not saying everything is great. What we are saying is there is a load of optimism about the future of the football club.

"It's a poor season, not a poor football club. We've been in far more worse positions than this as a football club, certainly over my time as a supporter, player and manager.

"So, we'll come again if the inevitable happens on the weekend. We'll try our best, as we did, like we did on Wednesday night at Old Trafford, to get a result for our club and our supporters - who yet again were magnificent."

Doesn't sound like a manager who is going to fire up his squad to stave off relegation for another week.

Sounds like a manager and a club that have given up.

Chris Wilder press conference ahead of facing Newcastle United – 26 April 2024:

“Nowhere better to go than up the road [to St James’ Park], in terms of the atmosphere, the vibrancy and all the emotion that gets attached to that game.

“It (Newcastle United) is one of my favourite clubs, one of my favourite teams to watch.

“I have enormous admiration for Eddie’s career and how he has gone about it.

“They have had their ups and downs but they are still in the position that they are.

“They have got some fabulous players, an incredible environment, one we can really look forward to going to and hopefully leaving everything out there, like we did on Wednesday [against Man U].

“They (Newcastle United) are after European football and we have to somehow be competitive and upset the odds.”

1 hour ago, SiLvOR said:

"somehow be competitive" :lol: imagine hearing your manager say that in public. Really inspiring.

To be fair they are breaking Premier League records of being really shit.:lol:

These have already broken the record for the amount of goals conceded over a 38 game Premier League season, the Premier League overall record is 100 goals which is Swindon with 100 goals in 42 games.

These currently sit on 92 goals conceded this season, lets try and break that record for them in this game shall we?

26 minutes ago, 54 said:

These have already broken the record for the amount of goals conceded over a 38 game Premier League season, the Premier League overall record is 100 goals which is Swindon with 100 goals in 42 games.

These currently sit on 92 goals conceded this season, lets try and break that record for them in this game shall we?

That'll be 0-0 then......

15 minutes ago, Rod said:

I can honestly see us going a goal down then stuffing them 3-1.  It's how we do things.

Haven’t we only come from behind to win once this season ? West Ham home the only time I think.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Haven’t we only come from behind to win once this season ? West Ham home the only time I think.

Anyhoo, 3-1 to the Toon.  We finish sixth and the whole fan base (85% of them) will rejoice.  The other 15% will moan about the Luton draw, the early Liverpool disappointment and Longstaff.

6 minutes ago, Rod said:

Anyhoo, 3-1 to the Toon.  We finish sixth and the whole fan base (85% of them) will rejoice.  The other 15% will moan about the Luton draw, the early Liverpool disappointment and Longstaff.

That Liverpool game will haunt me for years.

2 minutes ago, black_n_white said:

This was a decisive moment in Liverpool's season. Nunez scoring those two goals was  equally haunting.

Still feels decisive in ours as well tbh.

Matchday! Need that memory of Wednesday night erasing with a convincing thrashing today. At work, but this it’s available to us to watch online.

:indi:

:indi:

Edited by PauloGeordio

16-0? Isak x16 to assert dominance over Haaland. Either that or three or four nil or something. 

(back to 433, all out attack on FM)

Abra Dubravka

Tino (don’t care if he’s not fit, I don’t want to see Krafth)

Cher

BDB

Cannonball Hall

White

The Blonde Bombshell

Billy 

Milky Bar Kid

Alex Ikea

Alan