Newcastle United 5-1 Sheffield United (27/04/24) | Reaction: pg 33

Yorkie

I’m getting old but never sat amongst a worse group of fellow fans today:

• Lad next to me dropping his arse every 5 minutes and gasping for Ritchie to come on from the off.
  • Lad behind me from the Burra or thereabouts more or less commenting the game with that accent. Genuinely horrific.
  • Lad in front a 70 minute job and only interested in mocking the away fansfans who couldn’t see him and would’ve mocked him mercilessly as dropped his HT chips on the deck. 
  • More than a couple who booed at HT. 

1 hour ago, Disco said:

• Lad next to me dropping his arse every 5 minutes and gasping for Ritchie to come on from the off.
  • Lad behind me from the Burra or thereabouts more or less commenting the game with that accent. Genuinely horrific.
  • Lad in front a 70 minute job and only interested in mocking the away fansfans who couldn’t see him and would’ve mocked him mercilessly as dropped his HT chips on the deck. 

glad you wernt next to me watching the fans rather than the match 

You’ll be unsurprised to hear the back of the East Stand about 35 yards from the Leazes goal is absolutely mute. Tried to get chants going multiple times but nowt.  

In fairness, they did rarely clap along with chants like they were on Saturday Night Takeaway. 

Fair play to the kid in the back row mind who stood from the off meaning I could stand up too.

Few around me that didnt turn up until 15 minutes in and fucked off on 35 for their half time pint.

Edited by Sima

5 minutes ago, Sima said:

Fair play to the kid in the back row mind who stood from the off meaning I could stand up too.

What block were you? That kid might've been me. :lol:

Edited by HaydnNUFC

9 hours ago, Newcastle Fan said:

I think even statistically they've been the worst side i've ever seen us play in a season, they just give up at some point and let you do whatever you want to them, Sunday league stuff at times.

Unless you were alive back in 1947 and watching the games you won’t have seen the only side we’ve scored more against in a season - Newport County and the 15 goals we scored against them. 13-0 at home win but lost 4-2 away. Net +11. Whereas we’ve done the Blades by +12 (8-0, 5-1).

Can’t think of any worse off the top of my head. Sheff Wed was +10 in 99/00 - Swindon, Notts County, Leicester may have got into double figures under KK.

10 hours ago, PCW1983 said:

I remember that season well, any mistake as a goal keeper and you’d be labelled Frazier Digby 😂

My son in year 4 last term had a teacher named Mr Digby.

Frazier is his uncle. 

Cragside in high heaton.

Gave the kids a trivia question and my son was blown away how I knew who he was related to.

Since I spent my youth in Swindon. Remember Chris Kamara and Ruddock. Chalky White. James Milner. All playing for them.

Fond memories of pissing down rain 0-0 draws v hull city and the likes.

Did the Gallowgate start a “he’s one of our own…” song for Matt Ritchie?

The groaning in the first half was very off-putting. I get the frustration but it was hardly helpful.

player wise, few thoughts given I saw it in the flesh and got to watch a bit more: isak is world class. Was gasping for him to have his hat trick. You all should re watch Harvey Barnes flick to Wilson, pure taste. The front 4 of Barnes, Wilson, Gordon and Isak was lethal. They were having their way with Sheffield United.

Have to say as much as I love Livramento, he’s 3 paces slower on the ball than Trippier. I recall Tonali being ultra fast with pass decision so that should hopefully help a lot next season. Halls pass selection will only get better but he’s technically such a sound player. Sean is painfully slow in decision making and that will hopefully improve when we have Tonali next season. Bruno will never get this much love and adulation at any other club, and I think he knows this. 

2-0 in the PL on my visits this season, granted Palace at home was the other. 9 home goals! Ha! 

My son was in tow, and he had such a lovely day. I was quite emotional bringing him in (kept the tears to myself) but a real full circle feeling having been a fan of this club since I was 10 (now 38) and getting to bring my own lad who’s already footie and Toon mad, he’s absolutely hooked. He predicted 6-1 the wild boy! Nearly had it. 

(I came as a guest of someone who was a match sponsor, before anyone asks about how I managed to get thru on ballot etc. but my lord the planning to get up took ages)

flying home to the US now. toon toon! 

Edited by Kanji

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

What block were you? That kid might've been me. :lol:

Block I

Edited by Sima

2 minutes ago, Kanji said:

The groaning in the first half was very off-putting. I get the frustration but it was hardly helpful.

player wise, few thoughts given I saw it in the flesh and got to watch a bit more: Have to say as much as I love Livramento, he’s 3 paces slower on the ball than Trippier. I recall Tonali being ultra fast with pass decision so that should hopefully help a lot next season. Halls pass selection will only get better but he’s technically such a sound player. Sean is painfully slow in decision making and that will hopefully improve when we have Tonali next season. Bruno will never get this much love and adulation at any other club, and I think he knows this. 

2-0 in the PL on my visits this season, granted Palace at home was the other. 9 home goals! Ha! 

My son was in tow, and he had such a lovely day. I was quite emotional bringing him in (kept the tears to myself) but a real full circle feeling having been a fan of this club since I was 10 (now 38) and getting to bring my own lad who’s already footie and Toon mad, he’s absolutely hooked. He predicted 6-1 the wild boy! Nearly had it. 

(I came as a guest of someone who was a match sponsor, before anyone asks about how I managed to get thru on ballot etc. but my lord the planning to get up took ages)

“He drives what he wants…” I thought.

36 minutes ago, Sima said:

“He drives what he wants…” I thought.

Ahhh makes more sense. He’s got his bus license or something ya? So he can drive his horses?

Very strange game - Sheff Utd were excellent in the 1st half, yes we were flat but fair play to them. They pressed really well and Burn was the reason we weren't three behind at HT.  It was clear once our second goal went in their heads dropped -  then it could have been double figures. Felt like everytime we went forward we would score.

Black Castore Hoodie?

I can only apologise for moving about like a cunt due to that shitty little step if that’s the case.

I’ll be honest, that thought did cross my mind after seeing 2 seats come up at exactly the same time yesterday morning.

16 minutes ago, Sima said:

Black Castore Hoodie?

I can only apologise for moving about like a cunt due to that shitty little step if that’s the case.

I’ll be honest, that thought did cross my mind after seeing 2 seats come up at exactly the same time yesterday morning.

Nah, 1995-96 burgundy, black and white jacket. Brown Ale logo and Adidas on the back. But I was row T, stood almost all of the match as a pillar was behind me and the lad who I'm assuming is/was you was also stood.

You're right that that part of the East Stand has got the atmosphere of a morgue. My old ST seat in block L was night and day as it's close to the corner so most join in with the singing.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

10 hours ago, Disco said:

Had some whiners a few rows behind me. Told them all to support the team or fcuk off. Took great delight as every goal went in turning around flicking the V’s and cupping my ears asking if our team was still embarrassing them.

You all need to start calling these “fans” out. Don’t put up with it.

1 hour ago, Superior Acuña said:

Seat next to me was empty, which was infuriating 

mad you also were again, the same time I was :lol: 

5 hours ago, Kanji said:

player wise, few thoughts given I saw it in the flesh and got to watch a bit more: isak is world class. Was gasping for him to have his hat trick. You all should re watch Harvey Barnes flick to Wilson, pure taste. The front 4 of Barnes, Wilson, Gordon and Isak was lethal. They were having their way with Sheffield United.

Have to say as much as I love Livramento, he’s 3 paces slower on the ball than Trippier. I recall Tonali being ultra fast with pass decision so that should hopefully help a lot next season. Halls pass selection will only get better but he’s technically such a sound player. Sean is painfully slow in decision making and that will hopefully improve when we have Tonali next season. Bruno will never get this much love and adulation at any other club, and I think he knows this. 

Just as well the players couldn't hear the non stop  bellyaching on here then?

11 hours ago, Disco said:

This booing shit is unbelievable, especially after what we asked for.....effort not results. 

I'd say if someone isn't happy, just don't clap. Or better still stay at home 

1 hour ago, nemtizz said:

Club needs to locate the screecher and either ban her for life or get her moved away from the mic.

Last two matches the cunt has been fucking ear splitting. Like that one who was at Arsenal back in the early 2000s.