Tosin Adarabioyo

Jack27

Just now, SteV said:

We’re only 2 points ahead of them like.

I know they appear to be a shambles at the minute, but we had all this with Spurs last season. ‘Why would anyone (Madison) go there instead of us?’ But as we’ve seen it just takes a good managerial appointment, or a couple of decent signings and things turn around very quickly.

Not to mention the fact that they’ll, yet again, probably spend £150m in the transfer window, and at some point they’ll stop making a pigs ear of what they spend.

We're only two points ahead of them because they've got the muscle to be in the mix despite being a total clown show. Honestly would find it depressing as fuck if, for the likes of Tosin, they're a more attractive destination than us this summer.

We'll have to wait and see - he can't sign for a couple more weeks anyway.

Man U also need defenders and can probably offer more money than us. If we don't get Europe & they do, they may look a lot more appealing even if they are a bit chaotic at the moment. Plus he's from Manchester isn't he? So that could be a pro (or maybe even a negative).

Speaking to us and being 'close to an agreement' could be a way of getting a better deal with others. Or hints about Man U could be a way of getting a better deal with us.

This is probably going to be the most important contract of his career so I imagine he'll want to make the most of it, which is fair enough.

We can offer a decent financial package, a stable coaching set up with a track record of improving players, an ambitious project and an opportunity at a starting spot. Hopefully that's enough.

Just now, Yorkie said:

We're only two points ahead of them because they've got the muscle to be in the mix despite being a total clown show. Honestly would find it depressing as fuck if, for the likes of Tosin, they're a more attractive destination than us this summer.

Don’t dispute a word of that, but ultimately that’s why they’ll always be in with a shout of attracting almost any player.

Posted (edited)

Is this all off the back of one person at Talksport? Didn’t they announce Will Still was house hunting in wearside and due to be appointed a week or two back?

Hasn’t even mentioned on his own active twitter feed from what I can see

Edited by PRL

18 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

It would say a lot about the general state of things. That, despite all the utter shit surrounding them, Man Utd are still a more attractive proposition than a slick, stable and upwardly mobile outfit like us. 

I'm not blind to their stature; of course they've got a bigger reach than us and probably always will do. But from the perspective of a young player having the choice of us or them right now, I don't think there should be any delusion in identifying us as the more attractive option. 

NUFC should be challenging for the CL next season, and assuming we beat them tomorrow MUFC probably won't even be in Europe.

MUFC could be looking at a long time outside the top 4 places. The league has got much more competitive in the top positions. We've just about broken our way in and you have Villa knocking at the door too (let's see how their sophomore year goes). Spending money obviously helps, and they can spend a lot of it, but it's not the guarantee of success it once was. And of course their track record in this regard is awful.

In short I agree with you. If as a player you are motivated by improving yourself and winning things you'll be more likely to get that with us than with Man Utd. If you'd rather take the silly wages they'll give you then I can't really argue against that either.

22 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It doesn't look like anyone else is reporting this yet.

It's the breaking news on sky sports news 

Maybe I'm naive but I like to believe most players want the success over the dosh and want to be the best player they can be (in the short career they have). Still earn a million in 10 weeks I'd say, if he comes to us. Hardly, working for minimum wage is it?

If Tosin has his head screwed on right he will sign on the dotted line for us. I hope this happens soon as possible. If not, I think he will have regrets down the line.

1 minute ago, BGRM said:

Maybe I'm naive but I like to believe most players want the success over the dosh and want to be the best player they can be (in the short career they have). Still earn a million in 10 weeks I'd say, if he comes to us. Hardly, working for minimum wage is it?

If Tosin has his head screwed on right he will sign on the dotted line for us. I hope this happens soon as possible. If not, I think he will have regrets down the line.

We’d all like to think along these lines. But it’s a brave man that is certain we’ll have success (however you define that) before Man Utd do again.

22 minutes ago, danny said:

Bet your fun at partys :cath:

Your talking like Beth would even be invited to party's.

55 minutes ago, SteV said:

Don’t dispute a word of that, but ultimately that’s why they’ll always be in with a shout of attracting almost any player.

Man U is still a bigger name than Newcastle, for players who don't have local ties, there is some extra prestige in saying you're a Man U player. I'd like to think we are still getting this done, but if he's a free agent and there's one of the cartel clubs interested, then it would be daft to think it's a done deal.

38 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

How many times can you refer to them as 'United' in a tweet involving two clubs called United?

15 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Your talking like Beth would even be invited to party's.

Always so negative, dont get it

13 minutes ago, danny said:

Always so negative, dont get it

I don’t think it’s negative. Beth speaks more sense than most of this forum.

I know it’s just realism and a lot of posters prefer an echo chamber of happiness. 

Don’t get too upset if someone has a different opinion to you on a forum. That’s the whole point of a forum.

Otherwise sit yourself in front of a mirror and crack on.

53 minutes ago, Ben said:

It's the breaking news on sky sports news 

Talk Sport and Sky are like cousins.

It’s coming from Mark Goldbridge, that guys speaks so much bullshit that if he came across some and told people about it, it would turn out to be rabbit droppings.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Hopefully we're in his agents good books after the Sanusi news.

There must be some reason why we have been considered to be leading the race for so long. Wasn't there an article posted here in the last couple of days saying he has really been sold on his potential role in the Newcastle project?

7 minutes ago, TRon said:

There must be some reason why we have been considered to be leading the race for so long. Wasn't there an article posted here in the last couple of days saying he has really been sold on his potential role in the Newcastle project?

Aye, Hope and others have mentioned it.

12 minutes ago, Toon1892 said:

I don’t think it’s negative. Beth speaks more sense than most of this forum.

I know it’s just realism and a lot of posters prefer an echo chamber of happiness. 

Don’t get too upset if someone has a different opinion to you on a forum. That’s the whole point of a forum.

Otherwise sit yourself in front of a mirror and crack on.

Mental take that tbh.