Tosin Adarabioyo

Jack27

51 minutes ago, midds said:

Said it before and I'll say it again - Chelsea don't sign players, they acquire assets. Assets they can move around, sell as and when required without the merest thought about developing the player or any kind of long-term system. Tosin will drop into that squad and be tried out a few times, he'll then either play regularly or be sold on for a huge profit. If he plays regularly then they'll probably cash in on someone like Disasi instead. Either way Chelsea will make a huge amount of money signing him. Whether he's what the team needs is irrelevant, whether he improves as a player is irrelevant, how he copes at a much bigger club is irrelevant - he's just become another Chelsea asset. His decision, his future     

Perhaps.

Not sure that Tosin will go for a huge profit. He'll be going there on top 6 wages and only a few clubs can afford those and he's not top 6 quality except as a squad filler in all likelihood. Working on the basis that no football player takes a salary cut it's a limited market if you discount Saudi :mike:

Suspect his future is being cycled through the never ending loan system 

43 minutes ago, ohmelads said:

If they sold him on (which would imply he didn't play much), it'd be hard to make "a huge profit" if they're paying him say £7 million in wages a year. If he hadn't been playing that would lower his stock too. And if they were loaning him out because it didn't work out, they'd potentially have to pay a chunk of the wages to enable the deal to happen. 

I'm thinking maybe £6m signing on fee + £7m wages versus a £35m transfer in a year's time. That's not bad going tbh.

They're just buying and parking assets essentially. If that's their model and he's happy to buy into it then fair enough, happy to let the pair of them get on with it. I can see the attractions from both points of view

58 minutes ago, Keggy_Keagal said:

Fuck him , had the opportunity to play for a fantastic unique club and he's chosen the Chelsea madhouse instead. 

He's done nowt wrong tbf, it was just us getting carried away assuming the deal was done and dusted when it was very far from that. If we hadn't spunked a new thread prematurely, no one would have batted an eyelid.

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

He's done nowt wrong tbf, it was just us getting carried away assuming the deal was done and dusted when it was very far from that. If we hadn't spunked a new thread prematurely, no one would have batted an eyelid.

Jack27 needs to be punished for using his thread starting powers for evil rather than good.

Interloper-Lashes.gif.7a7e96004c20d4c8bd

Just now, Skeletor said:

Jack27 needs to be punished for using his thread starting powers for evil rather than good.

Interloper-Lashes.gif.7a7e96004c20d4c8bd

How many lashes does he deserve? 27?

13 minutes ago, midds said:

I'm thinking maybe £6m signing on fee + £7m wages versus a £35m transfer in a year's time. That's not bad going tbh.

They're just buying and parking assets essentially. If that's their model and he's happy to buy into it then fair enough, happy to let the pair of them get on with it. I can see the attractions from both points of view

35 million for a 28 year old centre back on huge wages???

Centre backs can go for big sums but rarely if ever at that age bracket and with such limited pedigree at the top. Closest equivalent I can see is Zouma who was younger and gad more pedigree. Man U couldn't give Maguire away remember. 

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

If Ben Jacobs gets any further up Todd Boehly's arse, he'll be able to taste his hair product.

😀

10 minutes ago, Palace fan said:

35 million for a 28 year old centre back on huge wages???

Centre backs can go for big sums but rarely if ever at that age bracket and with such limited pedigree at the top. Closest equivalent I can see is Zouma who was younger and gad more pedigree. Man U couldn't give Maguire away remember. 

Maybe 35 was pushing it a bit, 25-30 maybe closer :lol:

Think the far more likelier scenario is he settles and they shift one either Challobah or Disasi or whoever for decent money. I just know they'll not lose a penny on this deal, by hook or by crook

8 minutes ago, midds said:

Maybe 35 was pushing it a bit, 25-30 maybe closer :lol:

Think the far more likelier scenario is he settles and they shift one either Challobah or Disasi or whoever for decent money. I just know they'll not lose a penny on this deal, by hook or by crook

We can agree on that.

This looks 99% like Chalobah moving on and he's in the pure profit category and young enough to command close to a premium fee. Guessing somewhere abroad. In effect a 20-25 mill profit with squad undiluted. 

Pity as that is one club (hesitate to use word team) that no one wants to have funds and avoid sanctions. 

Posted (edited)

Not that bothered really , if he's going to Chelsea then he's literally just going for the money , not the type of player I would want anyway .

Edited by Geogaddi

Money talks. In fact for some it screams.

What a daft decision. Hey ho. Enjoy your career going down the pan.

Plenty cash in the bank and an instagram lass in tow most likely…but most likely another player who will disappear in the Chelsea worm hole.

Would've been handy allowing us to spend money elsewhere but hey ho.

The Chelsea player farm has another in the stable.

If it's a substantially better offer, it's hard to blame the lad like, especially since he gets to stay in London too.

Easy to look at it as a fan and say "why would he go there to warm the bench", but he's a top level athlete, you don't get to that level without fancying your own ability. 

Just now, Andy said:

If it's a substantially better offer, it's hard to blame the lad like, especially since he gets to stay in London too.

Easy to look at it as a fan and say "why would he go there to warm the bench", but he's a top level athlete, you don't get to that level without fancying your own ability. 

Last player that was being said about

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSELaVq03rJ6DlF39tfLC3

For all the ones slagging him off, lets look at this logically without wearing NUFC rose tinted glasses.

He has a choice of working for Asda for £10 an hour or Tesco for £15 an hour. Tesco is a couple of miles away whilst Asda is 250 miles from where he lives. He has no love for either company, however the benefits of working at Tesco are also better. Which one would you choose?

4 minutes ago, Beth said:

For all the ones slagging him off, lets look at this logically without wearing NUFC rose tinted glasses.

He has a choice of working for Asda for £10 an hour or Tesco for £15 an hour. Tesco is a couple of miles away whilst Asda is 250 miles from where he lives. He has no love for either company, however the benefits of working at Tesco are also better. Which one would you choose?

What the fuck are you on about

3 hours ago, Keggy_Keagal said:

Fuck him , had the opportunity to play for a fantastic unique club and he's chosen the Chelsea madhouse instead. 

He also had the chance to play for us (joke)

7 minutes ago, Beth said:

I really like Asda and Green suits me.

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Like you wouldn't be slagging him off if everyone was saying fair enough. :lol: I can read you like a book.

Why would I slag him off? I said before when we seemed favourites to sign him that he'd be going to whoever offered him the best deal.