Tosin Adarabioyo

Jack27

49 minutes ago, 80 said:

Keith Downie claiming the reason he didn't sign was he wanted a fee release clause in his deal, which we didn't want to get into the habit of offering. Supposedly the wage he's getting from Chelsea is basically the same as what we'd agreed, but they gave him the clause too, which is a new story.

The rest of our summer transfer window spiralled from there.

I'm sure there was no agent-side coercing there whatsoever

As predicted, he’s hardly playing at Chelsea.

And the only reason he chose them over us is because we wouldn’t give him the release clause he wanted ?

Happy to swerve signing players who think like that

Edited by bobbydazzla

He started off not playing much but I think he’s almost nailed down a starting spot hasn’t he? He’s looked very good for them in the three matches I’ve watched him play annoyingly. It’ll all go sour probably as I have every confidence that Chelsea will shoot themselves in the cock but it’s extremely annoying that our window fell to pieces because of this 

Seems to have started one game in the league and come on as a sub twice, one of those appearances lasting one minute.

Has played all their Conference League games.

in the 7 league games so far: 

1 x 30 mins

1 x 90 mins

1 x 1 mins

And it’s claimed we were after him as our priority target and only have 1 x fit CB

Even Cautious Eddie would have given him more starts than Chelsea have 

Edited by bobbydazzla

From what I’ve seen I’d be surprised if he doesn’t nail down a starting spot. He’s a really good player and far less error prone than Badiashile or Disasi. Anyway, don’t care anymore as there’s nothing that can be done now 

1 hour ago, bobbydazzla said:

As predicted, he’s hardly playing at Chelsea.

And the only reason he chose them over us is because we wouldn’t give him the release clause he wanted ?

Happy to swerve signing players who think like that

Would imagine the location as well being a huge factor.

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

He started off not playing much but I think he’s almost nailed down a starting spot hasn’t he? He’s looked very good for them in the three matches I’ve watched him play annoyingly. It’ll all go sour probably as I have every confidence that Chelsea will shoot themselves in the cock but it’s extremely annoying that our window fell to pieces because of this 

He’s already settled in London too though isn’t he, that probably came into it. Agree that everything went south when we couldn’t complete this deal especially as it seemed nailed on at one point.

16 minutes ago, dcmk said:

Would imagine the location as well being a huge factor.

Aye, totally. I said at the time that from a personal point of view the Chelsea move was ideal for him but from a footballing perspective it was a poor choice. 

But Downie’s article that’s mentioned above claims it was the release clause that put Chelsea ahead of us