Group D: 1. Austria, 2. France, 3. Netherlands (Q), 4. Poland

Big River

It took ages though that's not happened this tournament. It should have been goal before going to var. Instead it was offside going to var. 

2 minutes ago, Pata said:

The fact that VAR looked at it for so long means it really wanted to overturn it.

Fact is, they didn't overturn it.

It was offside first and they looked to see if to give it.

Edited by Aiston

Goal shouldn't have been disallowed, but I wonder if we're going to see players coached more to not follow in so close to the keeper. I guess it's hard to commit when they keep changing the rules and var implementation though. 

Just now, Aiston said:

Fact is, they overturned it.

It was signalled offside.

No it wasn't it was initially given then the lino contacted Taylor so he gave offside before the donkeys got involved. 

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I don't think it is, off the top of my head WC2014 group stage was sensational, Euro 2008, 2012 were decent with high scoring and quality matches. Definitely enjoyed the last Euros group stage more than this as well. This isn't close to WC2010 bad by any means but it has that big teams/players underperforming element to it.

Hopefully it means the knockouts will be much better.

Think you are the only one I’ve seen say it hasn’t been good. Big teams have been boring (France, England) but smaller nations have been class, way better than I expected.

Remember the Euro 2000 game between these?

If not, imagine a draw, but the exact opposite kind of draw to this.

Plus for the quality discussion it was France's second string - they'd probably be the 2nd best team in this tournament

2 minutes ago, Aiston said:

Fact is, they didn't overturn it.

It was offside first and they looked to see if to give it.

Yes?

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I don't think it is, off the top of my head WC2014 group stage was sensational, Euro 2008, 2012 were decent with high scoring and quality matches. Definitely enjoyed the last Euros group stage more than this as well. This isn't close to WC2010 bad by any means but it has that big teams/players underperforming element to it.

Hopefully it means the knockouts will be much better.

WC2014 massively fizzled out in the knockouts, IMO a very overrated tournament. Think the last two world cups were both better for me if you ignore vibes bias.

In terms of Euros I think they're always good pretty with the exception of 2016 which was a massive anomaly in terms of being very low scoring.

6 minutes ago, Aiston said:

Don't think it's a good point, it's literally the job to make sure the decisions they can look at are correct, all goals are checked to make sure they are goals.

But isn't the definition 'Clear AND obvious' error?

1 minute ago, Pata said:

Think you are the only one I’ve seen say it hasn’t been good. Big teams have been boring (France, England) but smaller nations have been class, way better than I expected.

Agree, Italy pretty painful too

2 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

WC2014 massively fizzled out in the knockouts, IMO a very overrated tournament. Think the last two world cups were both better for me if you ignore vibes bias.

In terms of Euros I think they're always good pretty with the exception of 2016 which was a massive anomaly in terms of being very low scoring.

WC2014 will always have Brazil 1-7 Germany