Group D: 1. Austria, 2. France, 3. Netherlands (Q), 4. Poland

Big River

Just now, Robbo2 said:

Surprised by Kante. Every other player who's headed over to Saudi has lost a step, and he still looks in his prime

He lost his legs at Chelsea. Seemed fast as fuck tonight. Looked very lean mind, wonder if that's been on purpose and has him finding a little more pace.

9 minutes ago, Dokko said:

He lost his legs at Chelsea. Seemed fast as fuck tonight. Looked very lean mind, wonder if that's been on purpose and has him finding a little more pace.

He was crocked on and off for what seemed like ages at Chelsea. Playing at less intensity, so less injuries, and being able to manage himself a bit more has probably done him wonders as much as anything else. Was amazed the turn of pace we saw at the end when that shit lad went through. 

France and England are so similarly underwhelming to watch.

Two miserably dour managers.

France's match winner is just far more dynamic and dangerous.

And therefore their 'bit of magic' is more effective.

21 minutes ago, KaKa said:

France and England are so similarly underwhelming to watch.

Two miserably dour managers.

France's match winner is just far more dynamic and dangerous.

And therefore their 'bit of magic' is more effective.

There's a real cohesion between the French players too. Some of the passing out of the back tonight was so intricate.

Deschamps - as dull as he is - knows exactly what he wants each of his players to do. I'll never be convinced Southgate does.

6 hours ago, toon25 said:

There's a real cohesion between the French players too. Some of the passing out of the back tonight was so intricate.

Deschamps - as dull as he is - knows exactly what he wants each of his players to do. I'll never be convinced Southgate does.

I found the opposite to be honest. They looked so disjointed at times, especially in attack. 

I know he’s still in the squad but since Giroud got old they don’t have that piece that made them all fit together as well anymore. Thuram and Dembelle seemed to be playing for themselves. 

1 hour ago, St1pe said:

I found the opposite to be honest. They looked so disjointed at times, especially in attack. 

I know he’s still in the squad but since Giroud got old they don’t have that piece that made them all fit together as well anymore. Thuram and Dembelle seemed to be playing for themselves. 

Dembele looked like a loose cannon :lol:. So erratic

12 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Dembele looked like a loose cannon :lol:. So erratic

Have seen Dembele a few times now and I just don't get it with him, he just seems like a headless chicken with little end product .

My goodness. The way this Austria team play would suit England so well.

You lot should try and poach Ragnick after this tournament.

7 minutes ago, KaKa said:

My goodness. The way this Austria team play would suit England so well.

You lot should try and poach Ragnick after this tournament.

Think he had an automatic extension until the WC26 when they qualified for this.

Edited by Pata

2 minutes ago, Pata said:

Think he had an automatic extension until the WC26 when they qualified to this.

Damn.

This whole energy, approach and style for Austria, is what I imagine England should be.