James Trafford

20 hours ago, Pilko said:

Tell that to poor Tranquillo Barnetta sat in Jesmond Dene House, he's still waiting for his.

Pablo Paz still waiting for phonecall from Mick Wadsworth 

6 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Yes, but I think we will try to find our RCB for the years to come also now that Tosin didnt go as planned.

True, but I wouldn't be shocked if that's a younger guy with potential who comes in the idea of replacing Schar over time, rather than immediately. Think RW is where we see the Bruno/Isak/Tonali style signing. 

2 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

True, but I wouldn't be shocked if that's a younger guy with potential who comes in the idea of replacing Schar over time, rather than immediately. Think RW is where we see the Bruno/Isak/Tonali style signing. 

I dont think the CB will be a cheap solution, but probably a young one yes.

On 10/06/2024 at 10:20, The College Dropout said:

Fair chance that's less than 5 games this season.

Pope missed 9 league games total in the 3 seasons prior to last season.

If we didn't lose out on ECL, it would be quite a bit more.

Edited by Erikse

4 minutes ago, sempuki said:

Blast from the past! Wasn't he a short Argie CB?

That's him! Was part of Wadsworth amazing sought after South Americans including cardone, bassedas and the best young player in South America.....gavilan 

17 hours ago, Pancrate1892 said:

Pablo Paz still waiting for phonecall from Mick Wadsworth 

CM/FM legend.

I mean they can't seriously expect to make a profit on him considering they've been relegated and they dropped him to the bench at the backend of the season. 

1 minute ago, Likelylad said:

I mean they can't seriously expect to make a profit on him considering they've been relegated and they dropped him to the bench at the backend of the season. 

They’re probably trying to cover whatever Man City’s sell on clause is.

20 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Don't clubs just talk and agree a price? :lol:

I really don't get this bid then reject thing, are we talking in the course of one conversation?

Think the bids are essentially trying to call a clubs bluff.

To see if they'll actually reject a decent bid if it's on the table, and hold out for more.

31 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I really don't get this bid then reject thing, are we talking in the course of one conversation?

same with any deal between companies. 

a price is sent, usually lower at first to try get a "good deal" on the buyers side.  the selling side then review it and discuss it internally, either say yeah thats fine, or think, no we want more, so go back and say that. or they go back and say we want X amount. the buying club then take that onboard, then return with a new offer.   

if both have different values in mind, its not as simple as it looks. buying club have budgets for everything so need to work out if the extra causes issues elsewhere etc

32 minutes ago, Chris L said:

same with any deal between companies. 

a price is sent, usually lower at first to try get a "good deal" on the buyers side.  the selling side then review it and discuss it internally, either say yeah thats fine, or think, no we want more, so go back and say that. or they go back and say we want X amount. the buying club then take that onboard, then return with a new offer.   

if both have different values in mind, its not as simple as it looks. buying club have budgets for everything so need to work out if the extra causes issues elsewhere etc

Like boumsong, they offered him on a free and we said no we'd like to pay somebody else 8m 

26 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

Like boumsong, they offered him on a free and we said no we'd like to pay somebody else 8m 

the albert luque negotiations were the best ever.

the comments that later came out from deportivo were incredible.

I think it's likely most of the negotiation is around payment terms at this stage rather than the fee itself - how much of it is guaranteed and how much is performance/appearance related

Just now, The College Dropout said:

You would expect the sell-on clause is a % of profit.

Yeah, it could well be tbf. 

But it could have any number of conditions attached, selling within a certain period, country of club being sold to etc.

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I've worked on numerous multi-million £ bids for my company, and they can take weeks or even months, even between established customers.

7 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

I've worked on numerous multi-million £ bids for my company, and they can take weeks or even months, even between established customers.

Fanning The Daily Show GIF by CTV Comedy Channel