James Trafford

3 minutes ago, BermyToon said:

So we have five first team keepers and still want to sign another one even when RW and RCB are in urgent need of recruitment? 

Yes, it's because some of them will be used to cover those positions too.

4 minutes ago, BermyToon said:

So we have five first team keepers and still want to sign another one even when RW and RCB are in urgent need of recruitment? 

In fairness, we may have 5 keepers but 4 are shit.

4 minutes ago, BermyToon said:

Baffling, if true.

Honestly amazed that anyone is confused by or opposed to the idea of another GK. I'd rather watch Miggy and Murphy play RW than ever see Dubs in goal again for us. 

I have no idea if Trafford is the answer - just have to trust the club's scouting on that.

50 minutes ago, BermyToon said:

By your own logic we already have 2 right wingers.

Also wanting a GK doesn't mean we're not looking at wingers too

If nobody wants to sell us a good winger for a decent price, our options are: 

1) overpay and fuck us for the next FFP window

2) waste good money on someone who's barely an upgrade, again where FFP is so crucial meaning we possibly can't afford a really good winger later

3) Wait until a top target is available at a reasonable price

Which option do you want us to go for? Especially as seemingly the club are going for 3 and your not happy, so I presume you're in favour of 1 or 2?

1 hour ago, Chris_R said:

By your own logic we already have 2 right wingers.

Also wanting a GK doesn't mean we're not looking at wingers too

If nobody wants to sell us a good winger for a decent price, our options are: 

1) overpay and fuck us for the next FFP window

2) waste good money on someone who's barely an upgrade, again where FFP is so crucial meaning we possibly can't afford a really good winger later

3) Wait until a top target is available at a reasonable price

Which option do you want us to go for? Especially as seemingly the club are going for 3 and your not happy, so I presume you're in favour of 1 or 2?

I'm okay with option 3, I just don't see why we would spend £20M on a keeper when this money could be the difference between getting a quality vs an average winger.

We have two right wingers, but I don't deem them to be good enough to help us push for Top 4.

2 hours ago, BermyToon said:

I'm okay with option 3, I just don't see why we would spend £20M on a keeper when this money could be the difference between getting a quality vs an average winger.

We have two right wingers, but I don't deem them to be good enough to help us push for Top 4.

We didn’t really spend 20m on a keeper tbh - that was an FFP fiddle.  The lad is barely worth 10% of that. 

3 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

We didn’t really spend 20m on a keeper tbh - that was an FFP fiddle.  The lad is barely worth 10% of that. 

I mean for Trafford, not Vlacho.

We have 1 good keeper on our books and one arguably passable one. Another decent keeper would be a welcome addition.

Would we prefer a cb or rw first? Oh god, sure. But let’s at least improve where we can if- for whatever reason- we can’t get in anyone for the other positions.

I get they're building for the future - but this guy isn't ready. I'd still be concerned if Pope gets injured and he's our starting goalkeeper. Not going to get any better warming the bench either.

Edited by Menace