Anthony Elanga: club in talks with Forest over potential swap deal with Anderson/Minteh (Various)

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Gordon has always been much better in general play. Even if not a genuinely creative/flair type of player. 

Yeah, I would agree. That's why I said a similar profile.

Speed, work rate, runs in behind and ball carrying would be the traits they share.

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

This is just PSR crap. If not for PSR we wouldn’t want DCL or Elanga. But we are in a ‘well scratch your back if you scratch mine’ situation with a small group of clubs.  Looking to trade players of similar value and picking the best of a bad bunch.  

Thats why I’m ok with Elanga as long as we don’t waste too much money and he comes in to be a backup player mainly. 

16 minutes ago, gbandit said:

The fuck is gannin on. Every time I open a thread it’s a different swap deal I see 

Desperation. How’s it come to this?

I don’t mind losing Anderson if it gets us in the clear with PSR. However if Elanga is the first choice winger then it’s just really shit. He probably wasn’t even in our top 5 or 6 targets but to get Anderson to Forest and in the clear with PSR it’s like he’ll go 

Edited by gdm

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

Thats why I’m ok with Elanga as long as we don’t waste too much money and he comes in to be a backup player mainly. 

I think any swap deal we do would be for a backup player.  We don’t have saleable assets at 40/50m that we want to sell.  I like Murillo but we don’t have anyone to trade him for at a similarish price point. 

Hopefully all this is our way of improving financially before we go for the more ambitious targets that improve us properly. Lay the foundations now to see what is possible to do financially further ahead. (Apart from the “deadline” alone)

Edited by Ikon

6 minutes ago, gdm said:

Desperation. How’s it come to this?

I don’t mind losing Anderson if it gets us in the clear with PSR. However if Elanga is the first choice winger then it’s just really shit. He probably wasn’t even in our top 5 or 6 targets but to get Anderson to Forest and in the clear with PSR it’s like he’ll go 

There are so many repeat explanations in these various threads re: how it’s come to this. 

It’s not desperation to be selling squad players / unknown quantity players to make money. Desperation would be being forced to sell multiple big name starters in order to survive or to avoid a big points deduction. 

At worst this is frustrating and bemusing.

Think this is a good deal , not convinced by what I have seen from Anderson so far that he is going to be good enough for a club that want to be challenging for the top 4. Sorts our FFP issues out without having to lose someone who I would class as a key player .

I wonder how much extra we would have to pay for Elanga. Probably not too much extra/year depending on how we view it for PSR reasons. Don’t see Anderson being worth near as much. 

Edited by Ikon

3 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Think this is a good deal , not convinced by what I have seen from Anderson so far that he is going to be good enough for a club that want to be challenging for the top 4. Sorts our FFP issues out without having to lose someone who I would class as a key player .

I think Anderson will become a solid/good PL box to box midfielder. All the ingredients are there. Also as homegrown we would need him for any future European campaigns. Would rather sell Longstaff. 

2 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

There are so many repeat explanations in these various threads re: how it’s come to this. 

It’s not desperation to be selling squad players / unknown quantity players to make money. Desperation would be being forced to sell multiple big name starters in order to survive or to avoid a big points deduction. 

There's a clear split among posters in the thinking regarding all of this. 

Once the window closes and the games start, then we'll see what side things fall on.

Just now, aussiemag said:

I think Anderson will become a solid/good PL box to box midfielder. All the ingredients are there. Also as homegrown we would need him for any future European campaigns. Would rather sell Longstaff. 

I would rather sell Longstaff as well but understandably nobody seems to want him .

9 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

There is definitely some desperation involved this close to the deadline.

9 minutes ago, Ikon said:

I wonder how much extra we would have to pay for Elanga. Probably not too much extra/year depending on how we view it for PSR reasons. Don’t see Anderson being worth near as much. 

A figure of around £20 million I would guess.

13 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

I think the desperation is more to do with with timing regarding FFP, there are likely to be others we would prefer to get rid of before Anderson if we had time on our side to do it.