Anthony Elanga

Yorkie

53 minutes ago, Collage said:

His point is that Elanga scored/assisted more than any Man U player. Wtf has Chris Wood to do with it?

Well for starters, he didn't score and assist more than any other Man United player. 

And the point is that he's using goals and assists as the basis for how good Elanga is. Chris Wood has more goals and assists. Newcastle in the market for a striker soon you'd think. What about Chris Wood? 

Elanga is not very good at all. Source: watched every minute of football he played for three years. 

@froggy you disgusting red. Don’t worry mate, many on here see and read what they want to see when we get linked with players. The bad things about players linked somehow manage to disappear sometimes. If he was dirt dirt cheap I wouldn’t mind him too much as a 3rd backup for a flank or similar. To throw in when we are defending a lead and look for transitions alone more or less. Preferably I don’t want him at all. 

Edited by Ikon

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Antony has the same goals and assists this season as Sancho plus he's won a trophy. 

And yet everyone laughed at Antony and thought "why didn't he play like that in Manchester" about Sancho.

2 minutes ago, Ikon said:

@froggy you disgusting red. Don’t worry mate, many on here see and read what they want to see when we get linked with players. The bad things about players linked somehow manage to disappear sometimes. If he was dirt dirt cheap I wouldn’t mind him too much as a 3rd backup for a flank or similar. To throw in when we are defending a lead and look for transitions alone more or less. Preferably I don’t want him at all. 

3rd choice winger is probably about right for him, though he's a positional mess and would be all over the place in a Howe team. But I'm sure people will think Howe can fix him. 

2 minutes ago, madras said:

And yet everyone laughed at Antony and thought "why didn't he play like that in Manchester" about Sancho.

You say everyone, but it wasn't everyone. A few people lost their minds over Sancho having one good game in the Champions League because it's fun to laugh at Man United whenever the opportunity arises. 

The reality is that he's been distinctly average for Dortmund and we were hoping he'd be a lot better than he was so the fee would be higher this summer. Hopefully the media has done a good job in overhyping him against PSG so we can get £35-40m still. 

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

You say everyone, but it wasn't everyone. A few people lost their minds over Sancho having one good game in the Champions League because it's fun to laugh at Man United whenever the opportunity arises. 

The reality is that he's been distinctly average for Dortmund and we were hoping he'd be a lot better than he was so the fee would be higher this summer. Hopefully the media has done a good job in overhyping him against PSG so we can get £35-40m still. 

He's no Minteh

Assume this deal is off now or was perhaps never on. But I agree I think Elanga looks a limited player. Pace and not much else. His finishing looked very erratic and should have had more goals for the opportunities his pace enabled him.  If we are just signing people because they had a good game against us and Dan Burn then Luton's Ogbene is probably another that looked like a world beater.  

Would be fine as a cheap squad player but not a game changer to take us forward. We need to be going all out for a top quality RW if finance permits moving forward. 

Edited by alexf

18 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Well for starters, he didn't score and assist more than any other Man United player. 

And the point is that he's using goals and assists as the basis for how good Elanga is. Chris Wood has more goals and assists. Newcastle in the market for a striker soon you'd think. What about Chris Wood? 

Elanga is not very good at all. Source: watched every minute of football he played for three years. 

The way you’re reasoning you could be mistaken for a troll.

And I don’t even rate Elanga that much.

Edited by Collage

This season:

Games  Goals Assists Minutes

Anthony 38      3          2        1910

Elanga    39      5          9        2678

Sancho   24      3          3        1593

Not sure what the XG for each of the teams were. Sizeable difference in total minutes with Elanga but he was easily in the weakest team.

More on topic, I didn't watch much of Elanga other than him tearing us apart. Who knows what Howe could do with him. He seemingly can cover up top though which is an asset.

6 minutes ago, Collage said:

The way you’re reasoning you could be mistaken for a troll.

And I don’t even rate Elanga that much.

I'm trying to tell you the truth, same way I did with Lingard when everyone thought you missed out because he had a hot streak with West Ham. 

Froggy has hated Elanga way before this thread tbf.

I don’t think he’s good enough to start for us and I don’t really see the point in wasting money on him as a squad player so happy this appears to be off.

15 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Sancho looked decent and bothered in the, probably 4 or 5 games I watched him in 

4 minutes ago, Pata said:

Froggy has hated Elanga way before this thread tbf.

I don’t think he’s good enough to start for us and I don’t really see the point in wasting money on him as a squad player so happy this appears to be off.

I don't hate him he's just not good. :lol:

Would genuinely feel like you're taking a step backwards going for players like him. I'd be happy about it. 

Unfortunately it looks to be off and you'll likely invest more wisely.