Odysseas Vlachodimos

NSG

59 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

I’d love the PL going after us for this transfer and us finally taking the gloves off and lawyering up to blow their hole FFP nonsense to bits.

I wonder what impact the last couple of months have had on PIFs stance. Unfortunately Eales is still peddling the lines of FFP having ‘unintended consequences’ or words to the effect.  While Villa tell it how it is.  

13 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Villa are your new Brighton now. 

I don’t love their business. But I like how they are publicly pushing back at the core of FFP and why it’s here. 

And they seemed way better prepared in dealing with their shortfall than we did.  And they’ve added a lot of players they can FFP flip in the process. 

Still like Brightons moves.  I’m super interested to see how they deal with their RW. Brought in Minteh and that Duberry kid.  Both young and raw.  I assume they’ve been promised good minutes.  

On 28/07/2024 at 13:52, The College Dropout said:

I don’t love their business. But I like how they are publicly pushing back at the core of FFP and why it’s here. 

And they seemed way better prepared in dealing with their shortfall than we did.  And they’ve added a lot of players they can FFP flip in the process. 

Still like Brightons moves.  I’m super interested to see how they deal with their RW. Brought in Minteh and that Duberry kid.  Both young and raw.  I assume they’ve been promised good minutes.  

they had a head start on us building up their academy.

I agree Villa have been more creative, though they have the academy advantage and had to sell a meaningful player. They were (are?) in an even worse position than us though, so I can't get behind holding them on some sort of PSR pedestal. 

33 minutes ago, andycap said:

Looking like he's gonna be our number 2 by the game time he's getting. 

I can live with it if he's our #2 and reasonably decent. If we can shift Dubravka it's kind of whatever.

The noises about us wanting another GK would make this truly desperate. 

• 4 weeks later...

Forest’s PSR situation will have been aided by the transfer of Odi Vlachodimos, the Greek international goalkeeper, to Newcastle in a deal understood to be worth around £20million, as part of the package

So we basically got 15m for Anderson what a horrible deal :lol:

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

So we basically got 15m for Anderson what a horrible deal :lol:

nah as long as we kept all the purples here it is a great deal. Isn’t that what people said here? Great deal definitely

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

Not sure that the lad is worth more than 15m in fairness - it seemed a decent price at the time - obviously 35m was insane

15m is poor going for someone with actual top flight experience decorated at practically all youth levels for England and obviously has promise mind. 

if you look at other clubs FFP workaround deals they were all basically youth player for youth player nobody loses deals basically. We’ve managed to make a deal whereby we are the loser imo. :lol: 

Just now, r0cafella said:

15m is poor going for someone with actual top flight experience decorated at practically all youth levels for England and obviously has promise mind. 

if you look at other clubs FFP workaround deals they were all basically youth player for youth player nobody loses deals basically. We’ve managed to make a deal whereby we are the loser imo. :lol: 

The lad is an attacking player who made over half a century of appearances for us (admittedly many from the bench) and scored zero goals.  He didn't exactly look like that duck would break, either.

I like the lad, he's a good pro and a trier - but I'd be amazed if he becomes a top player.

Transfermarkt (not the greatest source necessarily) has him valued at 15m Euros.  Sounds about right to me.

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

The lad is an attacking player who made over half a century of appearances for us (admittedly many from the bench) and scored zero goals.  He didn't exactly look like that duck would break, either.

I like the lad, he's a good pro and a trier - but I'd be amazed if he becomes a top player.

Transfermarkt (not the greatest source necessarily) has him valued at 15m Euros.  Sounds about right to me.

Transfer market dear me. 

He’s still young and clearly has both ability and potential, it’s also worth remembering he was always a bit part player who never really found his true place in the side. 

don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying he’s a world beater or anything but he got himself a premier league move Brighton also were interested according to the athletic. 

Of course he’s a consequence of the position we found ourselves in all we can hope is we manage our sales better in the future. 

and obviously the large concern is we have got a player in return who is probably costing us 7m a year who we won’t be able to shift :lol:

1 minute ago, KingArthur said:

About 15 million players this summer for ex.:

Jaden Philogene

Cameron Archer

Dean Huijsen

Ismaila Sarr

Jack Clarke

Noussair Mazraoui

Aaron Wan-Bissaka

So is 15 million bad price for Andersson?

Of this list only Archer, (buy back clause) Philogene and Clarke are comparable. Of those two they haven’t played much in the premier league. 

Also, Vlads salary has to be offset compared to Anderson which likely means we are paying slightly more on a weekly basis. 

21 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

This is the part where surely there was a better option for us? Guess not if we were in a piss flap with hours to go on PSR deadline and needed any Forest player that was happy to move, but bit more time and planning, surely they’ve got a youth talent that was worth the £20m, to then see if they grow in anyway over coming seasons before discarding.

Just now, Sibierski said:

This is the part where surely there was a better option for us? Guess not if we were in a piss flap with hours to go on PSR deadline and needed any Forest player that was happy to move, but bit more time and planning, surely they’ve got a youth talent that was worth the £20m, to then see if they grow in anyway over coming seasons before discarding.

Yeah it strikes me as a bit of last minute panic we need to pick some off this list of players we don’t know much about let’s go with the guy with the best record on paper. 

I think we’ve shown a bit of naivety tbh, we clearly knew about our FFP issue so I’m surprised we weren’t more proactive in addressing it. 

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Why are yous bothering to talk about a player's worth when the whole point was to hit PSR and not sell our star players? 

Because he’s not free and we are paying his salary and amortising the supposed 20m fee. 

Because the clubs actions generally merit discussion hence this forums existence?

3 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Because he’s not free and we are paying his salary and amortising the supposed 20m fee. 

Because the clubs actions generally merit discussion hence this forums existence?

But you're completely ignoring the entire point of the transfers despite PSR and not selling our star players being the entire reason it happened at all.

Second part is just childish and nothing to do with what I said tbh.

Edited by Kid Icarus

10 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

But you're completely ignoring the entire point of the transfers despite PSR and not selling our star players being the entire reason it happened at all.

Second part is just childish and nothing to do with what I said tbh.

I don’t think that’s being ignored at all. Hence my references to other clubs PSR workarounds generally being a more like for like nature. (Academy player for academy player).