Paul Mitchell (Sporting Director)

I’m sure there’s an element of bias to this but I get much better vibes from him than Ashworth. 

looking forward to see what he does. 

22 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

here we go

This. Was. Unreal.

What an upgrade.

The bit about him and Howe going back to their days in the south coast was very interesting.

Cannot see Eddie leaving at all anytime soon. Seems that was a big part of Mitchell joining.

Big thanks to Ashworth for being the weasel he was. Landed on our feet with this one!

Watch that and then cast your mind back to the Ashley era. :lol:

It should be very hard to be negative for any period of time.

Just now, STM said:

Watch that and then cast your mind back to the Ashley era. :lol:

It should be very hard to be negative for any period of time.

:lol:

I'm still not sure how we've ended up here tbh.

I hope people paid attention to what he said about building something sustainable and the need for some patience in that regard.

Doubt it though ...

I particularly liked the line about him liking to build infrastructure. 

New state of the art training ground plans tomorrow please 

13 minutes ago, KaKa said:

:lol:

I'm still not sure how we've ended up here tbh.

I hope people paid attention to what he said about building something sustainable and the need for some patience in that regard.

Doubt it though ...

Not attacking you here, but its not always easy to know what our owners are thinking. Yeah its a lot of talk about project and ambitions. It was only last week Eales came up with something concrete. He said Europe must be the target this season. 

Edited by nufc123

Hopefully we can use some of his european eye - we really need to be clever in the transfer market. I'm sure there's plenty of gems for us to unearth in France/Germany/Belgium

Edited by Menace

The only disappointing thing was hearing the 5 year timescale. 

It's well documented how ruthless the Saudis are. Can't see them being happy if we don't win the World Cup in two years time.

I'm fucking pumped up after watching that. Passionate, ambitious, driven, absolutely fantastic. I love him setting such a high bar. No settling for second best. 

Comes across really well and possibly more importantly not a weasel faced, Tory midget which instantly makes it feel like came out of this whole ordeal better off.

Comes across well, seems pretty personable, though I'd assume he can be a ruthless bastard with the best of them. He looks significantly less like a lizard than Ashworth does, which I guess is probably a good thing.