Quarter Finals: England (5p)1-1(3) Switzerland, Netherlands 2-1 Turkey

Disco

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Mike said:

Messi winning the WC broke Ronaldo, like.

He should be grateful that the the Messi Ronaldo debate exists tbh, it's his greatest personal achievement to be compared with a player that anyone who isn't mental can see is 100x better.

Edited by Kid Icarus

Just now, TenkoDaLuz said:

His sisters already said yes on Instagram. [emoji38]

Hasn't he always said that he wants to keep going until after that WC? 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Hasn't he always said that he wants to keep going until after that WC? 

He said nothing, his sisters did. I was not joking.

Edited by TenkoDaLuz

I think it's just a myth

If he truly cared about Portugal he'd retire and let them move on and build towards the World Cup

Since he mostly cares about himself he'll carry on and continue to be a hindrance

11 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I think it's just a myth

If he truly cared about Portugal he'd retire and let them move on and build towards the World Cup

Since he mostly cares about himself he'll carry on and continue to be a hindrance

He cried more when he missed the penalty than when Portugal was knocked out.

1 hour ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I think it's just a myth

The most sad thing is that, the way this guy is disciplined with his body, he could play in the NT till like 43 or so, IF (and this is a big "if") he would accept his role as a leader from the bench and example for the younger players, only playing some minutes from time to time.

While driving home I was hearing some dude saying on an open radio programme where listeners call in and give their opinion, that Martinez "is more a status manager than a football manager", and he worded it perfectly.

Until we have a NT manager that has the balls and the backing to do what needs to be done this problem will only get worse and worse, as CR for sure will not suddenly become reasonable out of the blue.

2 hours ago, La Parka said:

I fucking hate Felix. He's pathetic 

Really hoping Benfica isnt thinking about bringing him back.

He has the natural talent and the possibilities that 99.99% of the kids would kill for, and yet he has the attitude of a spoiled kid that just does not care.

Why anyone thought it was a good idea to make him shoot a PK is beyond me.

14 minutes ago, TenkoDaLuz said:

The most sad thing is that, the way this guy is disciplined with his body, he could play in the NT till like 43 or so, IF (and this is a big "if") he would accept his role as a leader from the bench and example for the younger players, only playing some minutes from time to time.

While driving home I was hearing some dude saying on an open radio programme where listeners call in and give their opinion, that Martinez "is more a status manager than a football manager", and he worded it perfectly.

Until we have a NT manager that has the balls and the backing to do what needs to be done this problem will only get worse and worse, as CR for sure will not suddenly become reasonable out of the blue.

The problem for Martinez is the moment he got the job Ronaldo confirmed he wasn't retiring

So from that moment I think Martinez was on a hiding to nothing, drop him and he gets absolute pelters, continue to play him and he essentially limits the way the team gets to play because Ronaldo is not that guy anymore

I do agree Ronaldo playing minutes here and there, as well as setting the standards in training would be an asset but we know his ego can't accept that 

I've really enjoyed Pepe in his post Real Madrid career. He's almost got better with age because he's dialled back the shithousery a bit

Posted (edited)

The image of him sat on his arse in the middle of the huddle being attended to by two masseurs brought to mind the last days of the Roman Empire. Emperor Nero getting it off two young boys while surrounded by senators and toadies.

Enjoyed Lineker's quip when Rio(?) said something like 'Never seen that before: a masseur on each leg' and he shot back, 'Just be glad there's not a third one'. [emoji38]

Edited by Keefaz

7 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Honestly can't think of a more pretentious voice in all of football media than Jonathan Liew. 

So often wrong too. Was on the other week that Chelsea should pull out of Europe as they might lose money on home games. What the actual fuck are you on about you daft cunt?

It’s a better balance than we’ve had in the other games, on paper. Walker not stinking things up going forward. Foden tucked inside towards his preferred position. Kane hopefully with bodies closer to him.

Cautiously optimistic. It’s not like it can be much worse!