Quarter Finals: England (5p)1-1(3) Switzerland, Netherlands 2-1 Turkey

Disco

5 hours ago, Mike said:

You speak the dumbest language on Earth and now we all speak it. God is English.

Pretty sure He's Spanish.  Haven't met any English people called Jesus.

Whilst I'm obviously pleased we won last night, by christ - it's hard work. England are so lacking in inspiration - being more bothered about not losing the game, than trying to win it. Almost hoping to bore the opposition (and all of us) to death. Reminds me of Newcastle under cabbage-heed.

???

I may be the only one, but I thought Van de Ven's challenge on Akaydin deserved at least a yellow. He jumped in and had no chance of getting the ball. I was quite surprised at the referee expert's opinion that it was a fair challenge.

40 minutes ago, Cronky said:

I may be the only one, but I thought Van de Ven's challenge on Akaydin deserved at least a yellow. He jumped in and had no chance of getting the ball. I was quite surprised at the referee expert's opinion that it was a fair challenge.

I wonder what the outcome is. Might be a broken rib or two the way he was clattered into.

16 minutes ago, OoOGazOoO said:

I have just watched that pen by Toney, again. That guy could pierce ice! One of the coolest penalties I have probably seen in my life!

It’s mental. The keeper does everything right too.

57 minutes ago, OoOGazOoO said:

I have just watched that pen by Toney, again. That guy could pierce ice! One of the coolest penalties I have probably seen in my life!

how is it even possible to not look a the ball first?

witchcraft going on there.