Semi Finals: France 1-2 Spain, England 2-1 Netherlands

Disco

2 minutes ago, Keefaz said:

Hard to imagine either England or Netherlands beating this side. I'd start by crippling Yamal. 

If we blag our way through you can see a couple of ways to get at Spain. Basically Gordon and Saka/Palmer. Feels like Spain will score at will though.

5 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Spain has been the only really impressive team throughout the tournament. They really deserve to win it all. Just looks 1 step above everyone else.

They heard the bookies didn't fancy them and thought "right then"! 

Just now, leffe186 said:

If we blag our way through you can see a couple of ways to get at Spain. Basically Gordon and Saka/Palmer. Feels like Spain will score at will though.

I mean, hard to score when you're picking the ball out of your own goal

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

As much as it'd be brilliant to see England win it, it'll be an absolute robbery if Spain don't lift the cup.

Kinda like Italy robbed us. We're owed a win. Doubt we'll get it though.

1 minute ago, leffe186 said:

:yao:

1 minute ago, El Prontonise said:

Spain's midfield will destroys England for movement etc.  

Not if Gordon sta...

Oh forget it!

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Joe1984 said:

Kinda like Italy robbed us. We're owed a win. Doubt we'll get it though.

Were we the best side in the tournament? Genuinely can't recall.

Edited by The Prophet

Just now, The Prophet said:

Me neither! But I can guarantee that England were better than this England! 😀

47 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Think Italy were the best team in the competition but we were better than them in the final. 

Spain are the best team in the tournament by miles, the only special team, they've had a hard run to the final and have been one of the very few that's been good to watch.

Which all conspired to give me a horrible feeling somehow they wont win it. Just seems too logical and fair for football.  Mind it would fit the tournament if they didn't.

5 hours ago, Jonas said:

Spain are the best team in the tournament by miles, the only special team, they've had a hard run to the final and have been one of the very few that's been good to watch.

Which all conspired to give me a horrible feeling somehow they wont win it. Just seems too logical and fair for football.  Mind it would fit the tournament if they didn't.

Deschamps set up France poorly, so much unused talent, and they are a poor watch, but Upacameno, Hernandez and Mbappe himself all had clear chances. 

I like being entertained and want entertaining football to triumph (not necessary for NUFC), but this gives me visions of Spain conceding to Weghorst, VVD, or one of our big lads in the final. 

8 hours ago, Astroblack said:

Think Italy were the best team in the competition but we were better than them in the final. 

I remember us being good up until we scored then dropping right off with it feeling inevitable they would win. I know stats aren't everything but they back that up:

Screenshot_20240710-073854.thumb.png.2d41cffa56bc4ca6dbd299109bff4b20.png