James Bunce (Performance Director)

Jack27

21 minutes ago, 54 said:

Quite a lot of ‘management speak’ there. Probably to be expected in front of the camera.

No question he comes across as extremely professional and detailed though.

1 hour ago, Elliottman said:

I like him, he seems lovely. 

Im loving all these interviews with new staff. Still so refreshing and foreign that we dont have under qualified people with cuntish mentalites working for the club any more

Comes across very well. I’m sure he can back it up. Excited to see how this impacts us going forward. Let’s hope last season’s injury crisis was some “Voodoo doll” one off shit. Not long now  :indi:

• 4 weeks later...

Bunce might be our most important 'signing' of the summer. We haven't really added squad depth so if we hit an injury crises like last season we are in big trouble. A lot depends on whether he can keep our best players fit.

3 minutes ago, mosstef said:

Bunce might be our most important 'signing' of the summer. We haven't really added squad depth so if we hit an injury crises like last season we are in big trouble. A lot depends on whether he can keep our best players fit.

Not that difficult to achieve tbh.

2 minutes ago, Iwantcurlyhair2 said:

Bunce's role hasn't started too well for Willock. Can't blame Eddy anymore for rushing players back!

I think I need a break from this forum. Everyone just seems hell-bent on pointing fingers constantly. 

7 minutes ago, Iwantcurlyhair2 said:

Bunce's role hasn't started too well for Willock. Can't blame Eddy anymore for rushing players back!

How is Bunce meant to stop an impact injury like? :lol:

7 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

The analysis they did with Tonali sounds like top-level performance management, not sure if it started before Bunce but very cool to read about. 

Link?

Just watched this. Seems an elite operator and a nice bloke too. Hopefully he stays away from singing in Stack and keeps the best 11 on the field.

No complaints with him or Mitchell. They need to have the time and be enabled to do their jobs.

Edited by Oregon_Geordie

Just now, Oregon_Geordie said:

Just watched this. Seems an elite operator and a nice bloke too. Hopefully he stays away from singing in Stack and keeps the best 11 on the field.

No complaints with him or Mitchell. They need to have the time and be enabled to do their jobs.

It’s wilful ignorance to have no complaints about Mitchell at this stage.

2 minutes ago, Oregon_Geordie said:

In the few weeks he's had his feet under the table? 

I’ll reframe the question. If a fan of another club told you that a new sporting director had arrived in the summer and 2 months (not a few weeks, which is a pisspoor attempt at gaslighting) in to the job had not signed any first team or first team adjacent players while unsettling a great manager, would you tell them to change their sheets?

Just now, Theregulars said:

I’ll reframe the question. If a fan of another club told you that a new sporting director had arrived in the summer and 2 months (not a few weeks, which is a pisspoor attempt at gaslighting) in to the job had not signed any first team or first team adjacent players while unsettling a great manager, would you tell them to change their sheets?

Moreover, if this was eg Manchester United you’d be pointing and laughing.