Will Osula

Kind of signing where I think Mitchell sees something we likely dont.

Young cover for two positions we need talent in, with potential to be in the starting xi on the wing? And for cheap, can hardly criticize.

5 minutes ago, Froggy said:

If that's the case you should get a decent fee off Brighton for him in a couple of years. 

Would be great business that, or he can become a star here.

8 minutes ago, Menace said:

Maybe cause I expected a better striker combination than a crocked Wilson and a Sheff Utd reserve going into the season?

I think we'll sign a right winger that can also play up top too. 

Not having Europe this season means that will suffice for now I believe.

I like these kind of signings so much more than overrated injury prone has beens like DCL. If he doesn’t quite hit the heights we are hoping for then we will probably get our money back at worst. 

Edited by Ikon

1 minute ago, BonesJones said:

Anyone else get slight Isak vibes when watching certain parts of his game or just me? Obviously nowhere near the same level, but I saw something.

Yes the second goal in - admittedly U21 game - reminded me of the Iceman.

I remember hearing a long interview with him on a danish podcast mid last season. He seemed like a nice humble guy. Family person and very religious (which I remember, since its not very typical for a young dane to be).

I did not think he was real pl player, more like a championship player on the bench for a bottom pl side. But I cant say that I watched him, so I trust the recruitment team to know more than me :)

4 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

Anyone else get slight Isak vibes when watching certain parts of his game or just me? Obviously nowhere near the same level, but I saw something.

It's the height, speed and comfort on the ball.

We've definitely sought out a youngster with those same traits.

5 minutes ago, NoU said:

I remember hearing a long interview with him on a danish podcast mid last season. He seemed like a nice humble guy. Family person and very religious (which I remember, since its not very typical for a young dane to be).

Nigerian background so I'd assume thats where the strong Christian beliefs come from if I'm right @KaKa

15 minutes ago, Menace said:

Maybe cause I expected a better striker combination than a crocked Wilson and a Sheff Utd reserve going into the season?

I doubt we will have more. Unsurprisingly Wilson is injured again so we're not selling him. So Isak, Wilson, this lad and using Gordon as cover if need be is probably our lot. Wilson is going to tarnish his time here with many if we need him this season and he once again drops out with injury. Everyones just sick to death of it now. 

Eddie will definitely get the best out of what ever he can offer particularly with the type of players he’ll have around him to compete with. Great opportunity for him and hopefully the right one for us.

Just now, Menace said:

Nigerian background so I'd assume thats where the strong Christian beliefs come from if I'm right @KaKa

Probably, but Nigeria isn't all Christian. There are Muslims too, albeit mostly from the north. And there are also a bunch of morally bankrupt heathens.

John Ruddy, Vlachodimos, Kelly and now this guy? Be still my beating heart.

In all seriousness I dont mind this signing. Hopefully the lad will come good.

Just now, 80 said:

Does anyone recall when we started being linked with him? I.e. pre or post-Mitchell?

Post. Was only earlier this week this came up I think.