Will Osula

Very fast and powerful, will open up all sorts of space across the front.

Any team playing against us with Osula, Gordon, Barnes, Isak and possibly Wilson would be mental to play a high line.

More often we’ll see teams play deep and sit back.. those are the games we need to figure out what to do.

28 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Joins, most ready of an impressive list of young additions this calendar year which includes: 

Alfie Harrison 18, attacking midfielder;

Miodrag Pivas 19, central defender/central midfielder;

Rory Finneran 16, Defensive/Central midfielder;

William Olusa, 20 Striker. 

Regardless of the war chest for clear first team starters, we’re evidently not so strapped for cash that we can’t invest in the future. 

And we shouldn’t. These investments should easily get a decent return (on average), and there might be the odd long terms first team player between them. I’d rather we focus on academy signings than pad out the first team if the players we really want are not available. Also wages for those players won’t increase our cost level too much, which is where our PSR problem comes from at the moment (cost).

Edited by Unbelievable

Having followed his career intensely since his debut, I am very pleased about this.........!

He looks to have great potential and under Eddie's tuition, he will only get better and better!

Very astute business!

Mind, let's hope he turns out better than our last Danish forward (albeit he was played in the wrong position and didn't do too badly after he left!)!

1 hour ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Joins, most ready of an impressive list of young additions this calendar year which includes: 

Alfie Harrison 18, attacking midfielder;

Miodrag Pivas 19, central defender/central midfielder;

Rory Finneran 16, Defensive/Central midfielder;

William Olusa, 20 Striker. 

Regardless of the war chest for clear first team starters, we’re evidently not so strapped for cash that we can’t invest in the future. 

It's a good sign. Even the very top clubs tend to have a couple of as-yet-unproven teenagers on their bench, presumably the plan going forwards is to have those spots taken up by lads who have come up through our own academy but we don't have that luxury yet.

I can't speak with any authority about any of them but I have faith in the talent spotters we have (led by Nickson and Mitchell) and I have complete faith in Eddie & his team getting the absolute most out of all of them, which is a nice position to be in.

14 minutes ago, Paully said:

Having followed his career intensely since his debut, I am very pleased about this.........!

He looks to have great potential and under Eddie's tuition, he will only get better and better!

Very astute business!

Mind, let's hope he turns out better than our last Danish forward (albeit he was played in the wrong position and didn't do too badly after he left!)!

Why? :lol:

Just nice to have a young promising striker available to take some of to load off if Isak or Wilson is injured so the fit one don't have to play every minute of every game, thus increasing the chance of both Isak and Wilson being injured at the same time.....and obviously to have a recognized striker available if both are injured at the same time.

Looks like touch and dribbling is a bit untidy at times, guess it makes sense being young in a bad team and learning his game. But he is brave and takes on the moves even though they don’t look the most elegant. 

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Looks like touch and dribbling is a bit untidy at times, guess it makes sense being young in a bad team and learning his game. But he is brave and takes on the moves even though they don’t look the most elegant. 

Me too, I actually had the thought (given his directness, running with the ball) that he is like a less elegant Ferdinand. Maybe (to give him a very high challenging goal…) he could be a Sir Les Asprilla! Now there’s a warming thought (he would have to some header of the ball for that moniker to stick though!).