Will Osula

2 hours ago, OverThere said:

How bad can he be if he can't get the last 10 minutes of a nil nil game that we are dominating 

We didn't have subs left. I believe he could've got some minutes today but the Trippier injury meant we had to hurry to get Tino and Longstaff on.

5 hours ago, Pata said:

We didn't have subs left. I believe he could've got some minutes today but the Trippier injury meant we had to hurry to get Tino and Longstaff on.

Agree with this. Thought he would have come on but the injury forced his hand. 

Totally understand if the criticism is that we should have signed someone more ready-made or that you don't agree with Howe's bedding in methods.

Daft if you're asking why he's not getting a sniff though, you should know Howe by now.

37 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Totally understand if the criticism is that we should have signed someone more ready-made or that you don't agree with Howe's bedding in methods.

Daft if you're asking why he's not getting a sniff though, you should know Howe by now.

100%, and Howe knows the players and their capabilities so I completely trust his judgement re not playing him.  But it just seems like such an odd signing if the lad isn’t even third choice - they might as well have sent him out on loan until January if that’s the case

It is a bit different with a striker though. Defenders and midfielders need to know their role in the system, but in the last 10 minutes of a game they were dominating you aren’t looking for the striker to do a lot tactically when the team is out of possession, you just want him to get on the end of something.

14 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Gordon scores that easy one on one, or the pen, and this thread is still on page 2. 

He missed the header as well from Murphy's cross where instead of going for goal he tried to head it back to a marked Joelinton. That's probably why it's not on page 2.

Just now, rebelrouser said:

Wasn't he poor to average for Sheffield United? Not sure why we think he is a quality starting striker just because we spent a small amount on him. 

My brother in law is a Sheff Utd fan and he said that he’s got a lot of promise but was badly developed at Sheff Utd. He’ll look quality for us by the start of next season, shame it’s not sooner but whatever, this is where we are now 

18 hours ago, Lotus said:

If it’s any help, I’ve thought the same thing about Targett (when he was out for a while) and Hall (last season). It turned out when they played they were clearly not good enough/ready/match fit and that’s why they hadn’t been getting any starts.

I think anyone will struggle to impress if all they get is one game here and there, and if they don't perform in that one game they go straight back to the bench. Last year Hall had to outperform Burn by a mile to get another chance the next game. You can't find any form or rhythm that way. What we're seeing with Hall now is that he is finally getting the run of games that me and others have been hoping for, and surprise surprise, he gets gradually better for each game that he is starting consecutively. This has allways been a thing in football.

Edited by Erikse

I was positive about this signing because I thought that he would be the young third choice striker that we really needed this season. Seems like he is not the third choice though, but rather one for the future, so it seems like we did go into another season too dependant on Isak and Wilson to stay fit..

3 minutes ago, Erikse said:

I was positive about this signing because I thought that he would be the young third choice striker that we really needed this season. Seems like he is not the third choice though, but rather one for the future, so it seems like we did go into another season too dependant on Isak and Wilson to stay fit..

Yeah this is the problem, I'm sure he has some genuine promise, but we are still left with the same problem as last season which eventually cost us Europe.

8 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

This whole debate is so tiring like. Happened with nearly everyone we’ve signed and they’ve all turned out to be good :lol:

True but in the cases so far we actually had players to play there. I'm thinking of Bruno and Hall in particular.