Marc Guehi

gdm

Just now, Andy84 said:

Would anyone take this signing and not do the RW ? 

I think I would. It sorts our defence out for the next 10 years. 

1 minute ago, Cf said:

I'm sure this board would handle the 34 year old CB duo of Sven and Guehi with complete patience and understanding. [emoji38]

1 minute ago, Cf said:

What does "right to match any bids" even means? Anyone can bid whatever they like surely. 

They can but say NUFC bid £60 million and Chelsea say no thankyou then I would imagine that unless there was an issue outside NUFC such as a failed  medical or the player not agreeing to terms then I would suggest that NUfC would have to go through with the transfer and Chelsea would be in line for a significant add on namely 25% profit so £60m-£18 m = £42 million so 25% would be £10.5million

We're potentially looking to buy a class centre half and rather than embracing the joy and getting the Kleenex prepped, there are people on here claiming it's an overpriced deal and we haven't got the resources to do it

We've got bean counters, legal beagles and a transfer committee to make sure the club are happy with the value of any deals and we can afford them without getting a points deduction etc.

Just stop shitting in your y-fronts, trust the experts to manage the process and if he signs have a massive transfer wank

Edited by bobbydazzla

8 minutes ago, Cf said:

We scored 100 goals last season but leaked a silly amount. If we had to wait for the right player I'd be fine but we don't have problems creating 

If it happens I’d yank my end off. 

Unfortunately it feels a bit like the sort of rumour that’ll bubble for a couple of days and then things will go deathly silent. If the narrative hasn’t moved beyond ‘in negotiations’ by Monday I reckon we can put a pin in it.

17 minutes ago, Scoot said:

One interesting snippet in there for me was that Spurs are after Eze for £60m, but the snag is that Palace want a large chunk of the money up front.

That's one area we presumably have an advantage in here. Keep the Guehi fee lower, but offer to pay the lot up front. Makes no PSR difference to us, and stuffs Spurs negotiating tactics for Eze at the same time.

I mean, if any of it's true.

10 minutes ago, Andy84 said:

Absolutely not.  A new RW is imperative

A top quality RW means we have the 3rd best starting 11 in the league

13 minutes ago, Andy84 said:

Nee chance

And that won't happen anyway. We will sign both. Don't think we will end up with Guehi either

Edited by jack j

To be fair, if our defence was as good last season, as it was the year before, we would have finished top 5 at least. Key injuries across the park did not help of course, especially losing pope and botman for large chunks of the season. 

Getting back to top 2-3 defense would massively help us and signing him would mean we are well set there for years to come.

Still want a new RW to complete the balance in the team though.

2 minutes ago, Andy84 said:

Yes because I think it’s important to have your defence sorted first, starting with the GK. It’s how Rafa operated. We currently have Botman and Lascelles injured for half the season. Burn and Schar are getting on and have just played 2-3 mammoth seasons. Kelly’s history suggests he is susceptible to injury and currently hasn’t played a single minute of pre-season football. 

Your back line informs how the rest of the team will play. I think of the GK as like a drummer in a band. They dictate the tempo, the rhythm, the rest of the band follows. Miggy and Murphy need upgrading of that there is no doubt, but the foundations come before the roof, the ice cream before the sprinkles, the Ashworth before the Mitchell.

I don’t think it’s an either/or situation when it comes to centre back and right wing. I reckon the club are still expecting interest in Almiron, Wilson, Trippier, Longstaff etc but it’s been a really slow window. There comes a point when you’ve got to pull the trigger.

Looks a goer none of the big boys seem interested and Chelsea couldn’t match Bayern earlier in the summer for Olise, very confident this will happen providing we can agree fee.

3 minutes ago, Dan Gleebals said:

To be fair, if our defence was as good last season, as it was the year before, we would have finished top 5 at least. Key injuries across the park did not help of course, especially losing pope and botman for large chunks of the season. 

Getting back to top 2-3 defense would massively help us and signing him would mean we are well set there for years to come.

Still want a new RW to complete the balance in the team though.

It is funny that we created chances and scored goals at rates on par with all but the two title challengers while leaking goals for fun at times, but we mostly all want a RW first anyway. There's plenty of good reasons for that as well as the fact that a new, shiny forward is just more fun, but there's definitely a case to be made that this could be more impactful.

24 minutes ago, Andy84 said:

Yes. This would be transformative for now and the future. We need an RW but we scored enough goals last year without one and need to get our defensive solidity back more, and Guehi is brilliant.