Marc Guehi

gdm

11 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Given Olise went for about £51m (by all accounts) and after much scrutiny of my own array of prophetic devices—including and not limited to crystal balls (ooh err..), seaweed in the wind, and tea leaves—I reckon we’ve offered either £50m or £55m. 
If so, and given he allegedly wants to leave, and wants to come here, then £60m gets it done. Anything more than that seems too much of a stretch for our seemingly delicate finances. Enter the competition, how much gets it done?

It doesn’t help that Chelsea halve a 20% clause.

1 hour ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Given Olise went for about £51m (by all accounts) and after much scrutiny of my own array of prophetic devices—including and not limited to crystal balls (ooh err..), seaweed in the wind, and tea leaves—I reckon we’ve offered either £50m or £55m. 
If so, and given he allegedly wants to leave, and wants to come here, then £60m gets it done. Anything more than that seems too much of a stretch for our seemingly delicate finances. Enter the competition, how much gets it done?

I can see 60m plus performance (team and player related) add-ons bringing it to a potential 70m if all are met. Palace get to say it's 70m, we take the smaller hit on the books this Summer.

31 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

When do they ever not

One day we won't even be able to keep track of the money coming in from sell-on clauses and youngsters we're moving on.

Watching some YT and he looks great defending on the grass. Then when he wins it looks very composed.

Long term should partner up well with Botman if we get him.

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

Watching some YT and he looks great defending on the grass. Then when he wins it looks very composed.

Long term should partner up well with Botman if we get him.

How does he fair on clay? Can be a tricky transition for some.

When he first came to Swansea on loan he didn't play too well, we wanted to send him back. :2funny: By the time his loan finished he was one of our best players.

9 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

NB Crystal Palace's support's apparent one-way hatred of us makes this one all the funnier.  The disrespect is coming thick and fast from London's sixth biggest club (and that's at a push).

It’s strange how big they think they are. Been to a few home games when they’ve played us and we were pretty shit at the time and, they thought they were the dogs bollocks in the away end.

I like Palace, many fun away days, home fans pretty friendly, don’t know where this grief is coming from

They also suffered Pards so I sympathise there as well.

8 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

I like Palace, many fun away days, home fans pretty friendly, don’t know where this grief is coming from

Horrific ground though, especially the away end. Otherwise, I agree.

I could only see a small strip of pitch when I went to Palace, and I couldn't see when the ball went in the air. 

Obviously have a soft spot for the club and love the area though, living there for years.

16 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

They changed after the takeover - seem to absolutely despise us now 

Edited by Paully

28 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

It’s strange how big they think they are. Been to a few home games when they’ve played us and we were pretty shit at the time and, they thought they were the dogs bollocks in the away end.

They’re the absolute embodiment of PL flotsam to me - nowt about them, have spent more years in the third tier than the top one, but seem to think that because we’re not Man Utd or Liverpool then they’re the same size as us.  Lots of ‘side wards moves’ or ‘why would he sign for Newcastle’ patter.  Daft twats :) 

13 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

They didn’t suffer Pardew - they wanted him and told anyone who would listen that we were delusional for wanting him out

12 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

They’re the absolute embodiment of PL flotsam to me - nowt about them, have spent more years in the third tier than the top one, but seem to think that because we’re not Man Utd or Liverpool then they’re the same size as us.  Lots of ‘side wards moves’ or ‘why would he sign for Newcastle’ patter.  Daft twats :) 

They're not even historically the sixth biggest club in London - I'd put Charlton and QPR ahead of them - at least they've both won a trophy.

I think a lot of supporters of other clubs haven’t yet come to terms that this isn’t Ashley era Newcastle anymore. Most of them probably can’t even remember a pre-Ashley Newcastle. 

2 minutes ago, bigfella said:

They're not even historically the sixth biggest club in London - I'd put Charlton and QPR ahead of them - at least they've both won a trophy.

Agreed :) - I gave them sixth simply on current status