Marc Guehi

gdm

This is one of the very few times that targeting good eggs can be punishing, Guehi won’t push it from his end which is a testament to his character but fucking hell it would help [emoji38] 

3 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Clearly tight brief to interviewer in terms of what can be asked. 

Aye, funny that Skysports are framing it as if he's been commenting on the transfer interest directly when in reality he was basically asked "are you focused on the weekend's game" and he's replied "yes" which you would want any professional footballer to say!

1 minute ago, Bunk Moreland said:

Aye, funny that Skysports are framing it as if he's been commenting on the transfer interest directly when in reality he was basically asked "are you focused on the weekend's game" and he's replied "yes" which you would want any professional footballer to say!

Did he say which game he was focusing on this weekend?

1 minute ago, Joelinton7 said:

Bit nauseating the way Sky are bending over backwards to accommodate Parish. Essentially using them to either flush out other bidders or to convince Guehi to stay. 

Aye, Parish understandilably gasping for a bidding war.

25 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

change your picture - i'm on a diet ffs and hate it when i see a post from you.  Change it to a salad or something.

Sorry 🍕

28 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

The Sky narrative is incredibly transparent like.

Was thinking that. Have they done any other type of “interview” like this for any of the other transfers done this summer?

2 hours ago, Jackie Broon said:

To be fair, a club can't go after a now first choice England international in his prime off the back of a great showing in a major tournament and not expect to pay a massive premium for that.

It's the kind of signing where it's got to be a bit of an open chequebook and being prepared to get rinsed a bit if the club is serious about it.

If we're looking for good value for money, this was never where that was.

I agree. I can understand us trying to get the best deal possible, but since they don't really need to sell, we have to make a decision whether he's worth what they are asking or find someone we think is better value. I don't disagree with what Parish is saying, just think it should have been kept between the two clubs while we are negotiating.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

I agree. I can understand us trying to get the best deal possible, but since they don't really need to sell, we have to make a decision whether he's worth what they are asking or find someone we think is better value. I don't disagree with what Parish is saying, just think it should have been kept between the two clubs while we are negotiating.

They've been linked to a couple of CBs themselves haven't they? Those players might not be available in January/next summer if they don't get them now, so might still end up cashing in. 

It’s a clear "please start a bidding war" attempt like, the thing is given how long this has already gone on, I think if it were going to happen it already would have. 

I expect us to walk away now given how public it’s become, but Parish isn’t going to get the bidding war he wants or Guehi to sign a new contract. So they’re going to have to accept a lower offer in the future