Marc Guehi

gdm

Just now, STM said:

If we could pivot to RW and get Madueke for 50m, I'd do that in a heartbeat. Chelsea are much easier to deal with too.

I reckon we could have that deal wrapped up in 48 hours if we went hard and fast.

He ain’t worth 50 million though, we should trigger the 60 million release clause for Eze just for a laugh.

Edited by SUPERTOON

This stinks of Palace privately letting us know what they want, while we try to negotiate in good faith and then they move the goalposts each time, while leaking everything to their Southern press mates to look hard to their ultra nonces in black shirts fans. Yes, he's their player and they're entitled to do and ask what they want but I don't think they've ever really intended to sell. We've spent enough time on it, been 2 weeks but feels like the whole summer. Go get Raphinha, fuck Palace. 

Just now, Deuce said:

Until we pull out and he gets nothing?

Window closes and Guehi is still a Palace player, the value will diminish. Parish is testing limits right now and if they get anything less for him down the road, he looks a bit of a mug if they don't have a strong season with Guehi in the lineup. Then again, maybe he extends his contract, plays a blinder of a season and they get more next summer. :lol: 

8 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

😀 Not like you to be negative mate.

A few things...

1) The only reason this seems like we're being messed around is because it's playing out in public. For example, I know for a fact that when we signed AG10, it was our fifth attempt that finally got him. But it never felt like we were being messed around... it's just the constant reporting that makes this one feel that way.

2) Thiaw is a decent player, but Guehi is considerably better. Howe has made it clear they're looking for players who can come in and make a difference immediately and improve the starting 11. I don't personally feel like Thiaw would do that.

3) Gonzalez is just agent talk I believe.

Spot on this. The player actually wanting to move to us is a huge part too. 

Just now, Shadow Puppets said:

For what it's worth, purely based on what I've been told and how confident people have been about it happening, I don't think we'll walk away from this one just yet.

We’d be crazy to spend north of 70m on him, if the figures quoted are correct. I honestly wouldn’t want us to.

Just now, LionOfGosforth said:

This stinks of Palace privately letting us know what they want, while we try to negotiate in good faith and then they move the goalposts each time, while leaking everything to their Southern press mates to look hard to their ultra nonces in black shirts fans. Yes, he's their player and they're entitled to do and ask what they want but I don't think they've ever really intended to sell. We've spent enough time on it, been 2 weeks but feels like the whole summer. Go get Raphinha, fuck Palace. 

Raphina would be awesome but its a non starter as he wants to stay at Barca. Plus his wages would be an issue for us right now.

Otherwise I agree.

2 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

For what it's worth, purely based on what I've been told and how confident people have been about it happening, I don't think we'll walk away from this one just yet.

The Simpsons GIF

It’s such a horrible time for football transfers these days. Everyone has money and can turn down astronomical sums that pre-2020 would seem absolutely crazy.

If palace want over £70m for him then imagine how much somebody that’s truly elite would cost. I was joking recently that we wouldn’t accept £120m for Isak and the people I was with laughed at me. I actually think I was £50m short of the fee

3 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Fool me once shame on you, fool me four times and im a fucking idiot.

Edited by Displayname

4 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Bit gutted to hear this in all honesty 

4 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Not having a go, but your source on this transfer has had a nightmare.

4 minutes ago, STM said:

If we could pivot to RW and get Madueke for 50m, I'd do that in a heartbeat. Chelsea are much easier to deal with too.

I reckon we could have that deal wrapped up in 48 hours if we went hard and fast.

Would not touch Madueke for 50. Even 40 is steep.

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

He ain’t worth 50 million though, we should trigger the 60 million release clause for Eze just for a laugh.

The club clearly think he's worth that to us. Not sure you'd get a 24 year old England international for less than £60m. 

I'd hope that from the moment Parish did that interview, we were more actively looking to bid for other players, or have done already, with a less leaky club.

Shame if he wants to join, but such is life. Even if we'd signed him today, he wasn't playing tomorrow. We tend to go back to targets we like anyway.

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

The club clearly think he's worth that to us. Not sure you'd get a 24 year old England international for less than £60m. 

What club ? We haven’t bid for Madueke so how do we know what we value him at ?