Marc Guehi

gdm

1 minute ago, Andy84 said:

Have I missed something? Earlier all the indications. This deal was getting closer, was him starting a definitive indication it’s off?

Nothing has changed whatsoever. Some assume that his participation in a football match is an indicator of his closeness to signing.

I didn't believe in it being "close" in the first place.

Just now, andycap said:

We bid for majority of the list. 

So can't be far off. 

I don't believe Mitchell would recommend Guehi if the price is what it is. 

He looks for bargains not huge fee players. 

We did. By no means does that mean that was the only range of players we were interested in.

You don’t believe Mitchell wants Guehi? Fair enough. There’s zero actual evidence of that though so it’s very odd to present it as fact.

23 minutes ago, gbandit said:

It is quite remarkable that Palace, an absolutely nothing club, have absolutely fucked us here. What has been going on in those negotiations to make us so confident that we’re getting him 

100% this.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Yeah. As I said when he started the previous two games, it makes virtually no difference. Until we agree a fee, he's a Crystal Palace player.

I'm not as confident after him starting tonight. Hope I'm wrong obviously.

Just now, andycap said:

Transfer window I mean not playing squad 

In that case he hasn't done anything wrong. Unless we are going back to unproven assumptions based on nothing.

Just now, jonny1403 said:

We did. By no means does that mean that was the only range of players we were interested in.

You don’t believe Mitchell wants Guehi? Fair enough. There’s zero actual evidence of that though so it’s very odd to present it as fact.

Eddie himself bangs on about a small pool of players only to improve us. We have then bid for majority of the list so it seems to me that was the players we were interested in. 

2 minutes ago, STM said:

In that case he hasn't done anything wrong. Unless we are going back to unproven assumptions based on nothing.

You and others try and say eddie doesn't target English based players for high fees. Yet Guehi olise dcl Trafford and that's just this window. 

Maybe I'm being naive but I'd like to think if a deal with close Palace wouldn't have risked him getting injured in a League Cup match at home to Norwich. Not to mention if a deal was close we'd surely be asking for him to not play and get cup tied? I'm starting to get worried we're putting all our eggs in one basket here. Hopefully we've a backup deal that can be worked quickly because we don't have time on our side at this stage. 

43 minutes ago, Menace said:

I think even the most extreme happy clapper (not saying Shearergol is) can admit this summer has been an absolute shit show. Constantly mentioning Ashley every time people are visibly upset about something is so lame.

Does wanting to wait until the transfer window has concluded before deciding whether to piss my knickers make me a happy clapper? 

44 minutes ago, Menace said:

I think even the most extreme happy clapper (not saying Shearergol is) can admit this summer has been an absolute shit show. Constantly mentioning Ashley every time people are visibly upset about something is so lame.

Is happy clapper the opposite of s bed wetter?

As every, best to assess the window when it closes.

6 minutes ago, andycap said:

Eddie himself bangs on about a small pool of players only to improve us. We have then bid for majority of the list so it seems to me that was the players we were interested in. 

I don’t think Eddie has ever commented on a single one of those players on the list. Where are you getting this from [emoji38]

3 minutes ago, andycap said:

You and others try and say eddie doesn't target English based players for high fees. Yet Guehi olise dcl Trafford and that's just this window. 

Again, more baseless assumptions. Why are Guehi and Olise Howe targets but Isak, Tonali and Bruno G not?