Marc Guehi

gdm

32 minutes ago, gbandit said:

It is quite remarkable that Palace, an absolutely nothing club, have absolutely fucked us here. What has been going on in those negotiations to make us so confident that we’re getting him 

The player has indicated he's interested and agents are saying everything is positive from the player. But the club are constantly just so close to a deal, so close it can't be sorted out in a month.

2 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

I don’t think Eddie has ever commented on a single one of those players on the list. Where are you getting this from [emoji38]

Pool of players he says we are after 

He bids for players surely there in the pool lad. 

2 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

Again, more baseless assumptions. Why are Guehi and Olise Howe targets but Isak, Tonali and Bruno G not?

Mitchell wasn't there when we bid for olise and hasn't been in English football for a while. 

But you saying there not howe targets  is baseless aswell. 

30 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

...as is the constant moaning that has gone on since the takeover, apart from a blip of ten good games here and there. It has been a very very poor off season so far, yes. But some have constantly peddled pessimism to such a comical extent, and pretend that they weren't utterly wrong then...and then go on to play the victim about how thye have been marginalized by the forum clique. The few lunatics have been running the asylum for a good while on this forum.

There are some proper miserable arseholes on here. They could bring down the mood at a child’s funeral. 

Every transfer window there’ll be someone trying to talk people onto the window ledge with them because we haven’t strengthened in X, Y or Z position. Sorry like but it is frankly unhinged behaviour lose your mind over us not doing deals for Dele Alli or Jesse Lingard or Sander Berge.

I can’t say whether it’s a phenomenon that’s unique to our club or not. My suspicion is - like everything - the internet is to blame. Either way we could do with some people logging off and going outside once in a while.

2 minutes ago, andycap said:

Mitchell wasn't there when we bid for olise and hasn't been in English football for a while. 

But you saying there not howe targets  is baseless aswell. 

Did he say that they were not Howe targets? Either I missed it, or you are making another baseless assumption?

Edited by Vinny Green Balls

Just now, Vinny Green Balls said:

Did he say that they were not Howe targets? Either I missed it, or you are making another baseless assumption.

Another one hopping on the discussion to defend howe and act like he has no say in transfers. When he has final say. Every transfer involves howe so how is it baseless. 

1 minute ago, andycap said:

Another one hopping on the discussion to defend howe and act like he has no say in transfers. When he has final say. Every transfer involves howe so how is it baseless. 

What?! When did I say that at all? You are like a 3D printer of baseless assumptions, dude. 

Edited by Vinny Green Balls

I think the fact that we’re 3 days away from going 2 full transfer windows, without strengthening the first 11 is cause for concern, and the fact that after the first 11 there is very little depth. After the clusterfuck in June this is also another massive clusterfuck. 

If we don’t get Guehi then the very “small pool of players” gets very very very small considering that not too many clubs will be wanting to get rid of important players this late, with not much time at all for a replacement. Hope it gets done. 

16 minutes ago, andycap said:

You and others try and say eddie doesn't target English based players for high fees. Yet Guehi olise dcl Trafford and that's just this window. 

You've mentioned 4 players we haven't signed and neither Trafford or Olise are reportedly high fees. In fact, given that Eddie Nketiah is going for 30m, I'd argue that DCL at 20+ wouldn't be high.

Again, what's missing here is the assumption you have all the information. We've been linked with a host of players from overseas. Eddie even admitted his admiration for Thiaw.

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I still think it might be best to reserve judgement until the window actually closes …

And then until January, and then until the end of the season, and then until we sell Isak, Bruno and Gordon. Only then will be know if we were wrong to not strengthen in this window, right?

1 minute ago, STM said:

You've mentioned 4 players we haven't signed and neither Trafford or Olise are reportedly high fees. In fact, given that Eddie Nketiah is going for 30m, I'd argue that DCL at 20+ wouldn't be high.

Again, what's missing here is the assumption you have all the information. We've been linked with a host of players from overseas. Eddie even admitted his admiration for Thiaw.

Olise was £51m wasn’t he?

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

And then until January, and then until the end of the season, and then until we sell Isak, Bruno and Gordon. Only then will be know if we were wrong to not strengthen in this window, right?

No doubt all 3 will go if we fail to qualify for Europe next season.