Marc Guehi

gdm

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

I’d always read that they were pretty much standard clauses.  If not, apologies to Guehi

Was on open question really. They’re actually quite rare at lower levels but I guess it’s a bit different the higher up you go.

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I’d always read that they were pretty much standard clauses.  If not, apologies to Guehi

9%, unless they put in a transfer request.

(This needs to go in this ridiculous modern era).

Edited by El Prontonise

2 hours ago, TRC said:

If Palace have told him we have bid, he's going to report it.

Pretty sure we did the same with Minteh and Romano, and have tried doing the same with Ben Jacobs and Miggy.

When he drops a story about advanced negotiations it usually means it’s mostly done. He’s had a mare all summer when it comes to us. He’s released a story without checking on the other side how far it was along. The answer was not far at all if he’s done his work.

It’s about credibility. We fucking hound Romano for that one faux pas on Joao Pedro.. yet Ornstein has had several over the course of 2 months.

13 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

If you’ve ever heard him speak, he’s too much of a pro to do that. [hand in a transfer request]

Might be an idea though - he loses some loyalty bonus, we agree a contract and then that we'll pay his lost loyalty bonus on top of that.

Palace save some money from loyalty bonus recoup.

The extra money Palace get isn't a transfer fee so Chelsea don't get their cut.

Would seem a sensible way of getting Palace a tiny bit more cash at the expense of Chelsea. Probably a pretty tiny amount relatively speaking but still... fuck you Chelsea.

13 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

The price has already gone way beyond what I think he's worth

Even if the deal ends up happening I'm not sure he'll ever reach a level to make it a really successful signing

Ultimately at this stage for it to just be an acceptable window we need a CB, for it to be a good window we need both a CB and RW

A long term injury to Shar and we are fecked.

1 minute ago, Dr Jinx said:

When he drops a story about advanced negotiations it usually means it’s mostly done. He’s had a mare all summer when it comes to us. He’s released a story without checking on the other side how far it was along. The answer was not far at all if he’s done his work.

It’s about credibility. We fucking hound Romano for that one faux pas on Joao Pedro.. yet Ornstein has had several over the course of 2 months.

Didn’t Ornstein break the story - and then the usual lot followed in behind pretending that they knew something?

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

The back line has looked shaky for some time and that nervousness impacts all of our play - completely agree

I don't think we have the funds needed to outgun our rivals going forward anyway. We can just about put together a first 11 which can give the cartel clubs a good scrap, but once we get down to the subs it starts to go downhill quite fast.

Just now, TRon said:

I don't think we have the funds needed to outgun our rivals going forward anyway. We can just about put together a first 11 which can give the cartel clubs a good scrap, but once we get down to the subs it starts to go downhill quite fast.

Aye, that’s what having half the turnover will do - our first choice XI is a match for all except the top three for me.  But our back-ups … yeah, not so much.  Some of them would struggle to get run outs for bottom six sides.

Keeping as many as possible fit and available is key this season.  

46 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

For what it’s worth (and I know I’m opening myself up for pelters if it doesn’t happen 😂), I’ve just spoken to one of my usual contacts and he’s still adamant that Guehi will sign this week, regardless of being cup tied. I must admit though, I’m starting to doubt it will happen personally, but confidence is still high 🤷‍♂️

Don’t shoot the messenger, eh 😁

If we buy him cup-tied, that should genuinely knock a bit off the asking price.

1 minute ago, Deuce said:

If we buy him cup-tied, that should genuinely knock a bit off the asking price.

Do you really think we are going to be knocking the price down the way negotiations have gone so far?