Marc Guehi

gdm

3 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

They need to sign two CBs before Friday to let him go. It's simply not happening.

Don't think it's bedwetting or unreasonable to say it's been a complete shambles of a window.

Again. No they don’t. But yeah, I can’t see us signing him. Or them getting a replacement in time. 

If we don’t get Guehi now then there’s little chance in the future. Liverpool or Chelsea would snap him up when the price is lower. 

Feels like Disasi and Trafford to end the window [emoji38]

Just now, J7 said:

Happy enough to start.

He has no really choice, rock and a hard place for him, he has still got to go to work there for another year, what's he going to do sit on the sidelines and refuse to play.

7 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Being cup tied is not an indicator of whether this deal goes ahead mind. 

I think there’s deserved gripes to be had this window but I didn’t expect this to be the straw for some people [emoji38]

It's about as clear an indication that you're going to get. Teams generally don't start players they're about to sell, particularly if it cup ties them. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I actually think we may sign no one else now.

Not sure they can afford that. Mitchell would lose a lot of credibility. Its a very bad showing.

Edited by nufc123

Just now, STM said:

We haven't agreed a fee with Palace, why wouldn't he start?

And he’ll likely be signing on a 5 year contract probably. Thats 5 years worth of cup games to start..

30 minutes ago, KennyUtd said:

Apart from the £60 million or so we're trying to throw at Palace for Guehi. So not every last penny. We're pissing around to save £5 million and have wasted a good portion of the window concentrating on 1 player. It's turning into a massive embarrassment imo. We should have moved on 2 weeks ago. As I said, infuriating. 

First of all, we don't even know that we have £60m to spend (or, more accurately, approx. £18-20m in costs to add) without growing revenue or reducing costs later.

But if we assume we do have that much to spend with no strings attached then we have until June 30, 2025 to spend it so that just feels like a bad faith argument. I can understand wanting it to be used to improve the team for this season and the associated frustration, but "won't spend" harkens back to Ashley and it's quite clear that's not what's going on here.

13 minutes ago, gdm said:

If he gets a bad injury Palace have well and truely fucked themselves. 

Wouldn’t wish that on him tho 

They’ve only fucked themselves if they want to sell - they clearly don’t.

Edited by Gawalls

My feeling is that Guehi is the shiny toy Howe wants, and he won’t be happy with any of the other ones on the shelves. Seriously though, I’m just saying this because I see quite a few blaming Eales and PM here and there. Having said that, I’d be shocked if PM didn’t have quite a few options as alternatives. Not looking very promising as of now on the whole. 

Edited by Ikon

Just now, RobsonsWonderland said:

Silver lining....

Once the PSR moves on a year does that mean we have lost the first season splurge and spent the minimum the next two? 

Think so. And we’ll have the income from the players who will want to leave next year after we toil to 8th-10th and no Europe. 

What a truly absurd situation we've allowed ourselves to get into where probably over half the fanbase are seething over what would be a club record purchase. 

Some people are clearly losing their heads but there's also certainly valid criticism over how this deal seems to have been handled, lessons need to be learned by those responsible, and fast! Palace have done as is their right, but, seem to have completely took the piss out of us here, optically it looks very poor on our side.