Marc Guehi

gdm

1 hour ago, JonBez comesock said:

Mmmm , not quite.

Bland has a few decent contacts to be fair.

lets see

He really doesn’t. Bottom level tier, not even a journalist

17 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

This is the kinda signing I imagined us making when the Saudis took over (IE the best upcoming young talent). Last time we signed the England Euros star of the tournament for big money, it turned out alright.

Shearer?

I understand the clamor for a RW (obviously long overdue), but we'd be close to a similar situation this time next year at CB and who knows who would be available.

Schar - 33 at end of season (contract expires June 2025)

Lascelles - 31 (contract expires June 2025)

Burn - 33 (contract expires June 2025)

Trippier - 34 (contract expires June 2025)

Krafth - 30 (contract expires June 2025)

I imagine there will be at least a couple of extensions, but we're one season away from a necessary overhaul across the backline. This also gives us flexibility to not give extensions where we don't want to. Some of these players will start to decline even if they seem fine right now.

This could all be a next summer problem except two of our CBs are out with ACL injuries and they likely won't be themselves at any point this season, so that has probably caused us to consider this just as urgent as RW.

29 minutes ago, BermyToon said:

Excited about this signing! Does it mean the end for Lascelles?

I think he would've been off this summer if not for the injury.

Edited by 80

5 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

I understand the clamor for a RW (obviously long overdue), but we'd be close to a similar situation this time next year at CB and who knows who would be available.

I imagine there will be at least a couple of extensions, but we're one season away from a necessary overhaul across the backline. This also gives us flexibility to not give extensions where we don't want to. Some of these players will start to decline even if they seem fine right now.

This could all be a next summer problem except two of our CBs are out with ACL injuries and they likely won't be themselves at any point this season, so that has probably caused us to consider this just as urgent as RW.

Not sure the back line needs an overhaul. Quite like our young personnel in Tino, Hall, Kelly and Botman to carry the torch. I think the only thing giving some pause is that there is such a blatant lack of quality at RW, which had us all pulling our hair out for lengths of the season.

With that said, we don't know what club plans are. We very well may see Gordon on the right and Barnes on the left to start (would love this). In that case, or even in the event we can secure a modest upgrade on Miggy/Murphy, a big spend at CB seems totally defensible

24 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

I think Schar will get another year.  He basically had a season off under bruce and he certainly does not look like slowing up anytime soon.
Lascelles I think they will let go on a free. 

Burn - really note sure, will depend on this season.  He will stay if we want him to, and guess he would be backup only with everyone else fit.

Tripper - think he is most likely to go this summer.
Kraft will be kept on as cover for LB and CB at a push. 

Equally if Schar loses his starting place to Guehi he may decide to see if he can get a payday move so Saudi or something to prepare for retirement or even get a decent enough move, CBs seem to last a bit longer these days. I'd obviously prefer to keep him, indeed if it weren't for his age i wouldn't swap Schar for anyone really. 

4 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Equally if Schar loses his starting place to Guehi he may decide to see if he can get a payday move so Saudi or something to prepare for retirement or even get a decent enough move, CBs seem to last a bit longer these days. I'd obviously prefer to keep him, indeed if it weren't for his age i wouldn't swap Schar for anyone really. 

We have to be trying to keep Schar - I would hope it’s Lascelles that we’re looking to move on, possibly in January when he’s fit again or in May/June.  

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

We have to be trying to keep Schar - I would hope it’s Lascelles that we’re looking to move on, possibly in January when he’s fit again or in May/June.  

He's out of contract next June, isn't he? So I think we've missed our moment.

Edited by 80

1 hour ago, gdm said:

genuine question, why does it take so long to ‘table a bid’? 

Be all the multiple discussions taking place between clubs / agents / lawyers / companies on the package, then a bid going in that’s either bang on what club is asking or slight variation as a blink first to see if it gets accepted.

Bit different to say bidding for a house where its name a figure. 

10 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

He didn't take anything today to be fair. He did a few weeks back with my Gordon info though, and the other day with the initial news of Guehi.

His source may be the same as yours?

What people don't realise is that even if that Will is 100% being honest, he's still a sad cunt for claiming the adoration for being an ITK. Why not keep it to yourself?

I mean I'd tell my mates, I might even tell you cunts, but I wouldn't create a twitter account dedicated to it. 

Edited by STM