The worst Newcastle player you've seen in a match

gjohnson

19 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

I could never understand how Steven Taylor hung around for so long, even captained the side, the lad was a total liability. 

He had some good spells with us, even got an England call up and was the England U-21 captain at some point, his luck with injuries was bad though.

2 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Didn’t mind Marc Hottiger, seems a bit harsh to include him. Played full season for Keegan and only sold as we had spent big on Warren Barton. 60+ caps for Switzerland, some during his time with us, and five international goals; definitely could play. 

Was a better full back than Barton tbh.  Barton was a massive weak link in 95/96, and we ludicrously overpaid for him.

Doesn’t mean he isn’t a top gadgie, but Christ we wasted that £4.5m

Malcolm Brown was pretty gash, can’t remember who we were playing but remember about 12 offside free kicks he took were all grasscutters .. surprised he got a good run out in the team that season. 

46 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Can't believe Ian Rush hasn't cropped up

I mentioned him earlier.  He was shocking.

5 hours ago, Big Geordie said:

Jeff Wrightson made his debut in a 4-0 home battering by Everton (I was there) They had a great team at the time.

Terry Wilson  - got hooked at HT in KK's first game as boss - 3-0 win at home to Bristol City.

Bloody hell, forgot about Wilson.  We had a couple of loan flops in that terrible season - I can remember getting Andy Walker from Celtic as well and in desperation it being exciting that we were signing a Scottish international (one who probably only played a handful of times and was shite in those games)

15 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Bloody hell, forgot about Wilson.  We had a couple of loan flops in that terrible season - I can remember getting Andy Walker from Celtic as well and in desperation it being exciting that we were signing a Scottish international (one who probably only played a handful of times and was shite in those games)

Andy Walker didn't look bothered, but went on to do very well at Bolton, afterwards. Was also Gavin Maguire, Tommy Gaynor and Dave Mitchell around that time - all appeared on loan.

1 minute ago, Big Geordie said:

Andy Walker didn't look bothered, but went on to do very well at Bolton, afterwards. Was also Gavin Maguire, Tommy Gaynor and Dave Mitchell around that time - all appeared on loan.

They were truly bleak times :) - I feel jealous of those who’ve never seen us at the foot of the second tier (though even then my dad used to tell me that the late ‘70s - early ‘80s were worse).  Even the two sides relegated in the PL era were smattered with some excellent players and both sides bounced back as second division winners. 

4 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

They were truly bleak times :) - I feel jealous of those who’ve never seen us at the foot of the second tier (though even then my dad used to tell me that the late ‘70s - early ‘80s were worse).  Even the two sides relegated in the PL era were smattered with some excellent players and both sides bounced back as second division winners. 

1990/91 and 1991-92 pre Keegan were bleak times. Skint and with the club in real danger of relegation and oblivion. But - I can say i was there. :thup:

7 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

Agreed but still nobody can beat Paul Moran for me. Literally everyone else in this thread at least scored a goal or did something, despite being unequivocally shite. Nobody else to my knowledge has come on the field pissed, missed an open goal and never played again :lol:

Just now, Big Geordie said:

1990/91 and 1991-92 pre Keegan were bleak times. Skint and with the club in real danger of relegation and oblivion. But - I can say i was there. :thup:

Remember the 3-4 against Charlton after being being 3 up? Oxford away getting battered 5-2 in the fog? Those whining about (miraculously) finishing 7th just haven't lived :lol:

Just now, LionOfGosforth said:

Remember the 3-4 against Charlton after being being 3 up? Oxford away getting battered 5-2 in the fog? Those whining about (miraculously) finishing 7th just haven't lived :lol:

I was at the Charlton game - in the Milburn paddock with my dad.  Our goals were really well worked, and the ones we conceded were fucking ridiculous - worse than Sunday league stuff.  Summed that season up. 

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

I was at the Charlton game - in the Milburn paddock with my dad.  Our goals were really well worked, and the ones we conceded were fucking ridiculous - worse than Sunday league stuff.  Summed that season up. 

Summed us up under Ossie. We could play, had decent footballers but no clue how to do even the basics of defending or pressing or anything to make life difficult for the opposition. Even fucking Pardew scored in this game. I walked out after this game convinced the club would not only be relegated to the old third, but that we may even cease to exist. Last season was a walk in the park :lol: