The Other 19

madras

For me; I think the most important thing is for us to be injury free or low injury counts this season. We have a really strong first team and can compete with anyone if an RW is bought.

Key season for Tonali, needs to show he is the real deal midfield upgrade on longstaff!

Defence should be back to it's strongest and strength in depth when the ACL boys are back.

Top four and cup final is minimum requirement

Any rumours on who Man City intend to replace Julian Alvarez with? Money makes it daft to turn down but no way they can go through the season relying on Haaland.

I know they have a decent crop of youngsters - Heskey’s two sons being star turns in the youth teams - but doubt they’re ready for an assault on 4 competitions.

3 hours ago, Cclay said:

When I first started teaching (early 1980s) in Salford, there was not a Manchecter City fan, who would admit it in class. Move to Trafford. Again, same thing. Even the odd Bolton fan would pipe up before them. Wall to wall Manchecter United tops on dress as you please day. Cue take-over: hundreds of City fans crawl out of the woodwork. Dads wear City tops to parents evening. Claim to have supported them forever. Same people have Barcelona tops as well. Don't get me wrong, City fans always existed and came from many of the more deprived parts of the city. They just tended to get on with it and make little fuss about it. To answer the question: hate Manchester United (fans) (because they have no perspective) and toterate City fans (because they cause little drama).

Trafford and Salford are the more ‘red’ boroughs of Greater Manchester. Stockport, Central, East  and South Manchester more blue. North Manchester (proper, I.e. within city limits) seems more even. Don’t think it’s a deprived area thing, Salford is pretty much Gateshead in terms of indices of multiple deprivation. 

51 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Trafford and Salford are the more ‘red’ boroughs of Greater Manchester. Stockport, Central, East  and South Manchester more blue. North Manchester (proper, I.e. within city limits) seems more even. Don’t think it’s a deprived area thing, Salford is pretty much Gateshead in terms of indices of multiple deprivation. 

That's definitely true but there was a noticeable change, more so in Trafford. I also lived in Moss Side. That was more like you are talking about.

43 minutes ago, Cclay said:

That's definitely true but there was a noticeable change, more so in Trafford. I also lived in Moss Side. That was more like you are talking about.

Makes sense I guess. I lived in South Manchester for twenty years (kids all support City) and took great delight in seeing a friend of son’s, from very Man Utd family, decide he was also going to support Man City 😂 Glory hunting Mancs! 

9 hours ago, gdm said:

What happens if they default? Who then takes the stadium? Was the deal signed even more shit where West Ham then get it for free outright? :D 

Absolute joke taxpayers are funding premier league clubs. Should be looked into because that type of shit will be resulting in cuts to services that directly / in-directly impact people health and wellbeing, driving up the deprivation.

10 hours ago, gdm said:

Does that mean West Ham are getting £21m PSR room at the expense of us each year? Absolutely fucking stinks that whole stadium deal considering they made a huge amount selling Upton Park off afterwards

Utterly despise: Liverpool, Manchester United

Detest: Chelsea, Everton

Between dislike and very much dislike due to messrs Levy and Arteta: Spurs and Arsenal

Dislike: Wolves

indifferent toward: Man City, Ipswich, Leicester, Villa (pre and post flaggate), Fulham, West Ham

indifferent toward but bored of and wish they'd f*ck off: Southampton, Palace, Bournemouth

kinda like if anything: Brighton, Forest, Brentford

Worst Man United and Liverpool

Next worst Arsenal, Villa, Everton and Chelsea

Random dislike for Palace, the ultra thing is a bit cringe, south london hispter types taking moral high ground, I bet most of them supported other sides before they became premier league regulars/also rans.

Dislike West Ham over owners/ground, didn't mind them at old ground, Spurs for perceived big club thing

Don't mind/care: Wolves, Forest, Brentford, Leicester, Bournemouth, Saints, Ipswich, Fulham,

Indifferent to Man city, blandly impressive and hollow, 

On 06/08/2024 at 11:53, TRon said:

Great. A thread specifically designed to put you in a worse mood.

That's every match thread.  Players were slaughtered within minutes of a game we went on to win 8-0.

Edited by Jonas