Newcastle United 1-0 Southampton (17/08/24)

Disco

Only negative was Hall in the second half; he made about four dodgy back passes which could have lead to them equalizing and all of their attacks came down his side as he seemed to have been targetted.

When Kelly came on he was much more proactive instead of reactiva and pushed them out quite a bit compared to hall...

Not convinced (I know, one game...)

10 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

3 points. Move on with relief, but Christ even before sending off we were poor and under a silly amount of pressure for a home game against a newly promoted side. 

Need some signings.

Newly promoted teams are often more fitter at the start of the season - the championship is around ten games longer and they enter the cups at the first round. It balances out very quickly though.

2 minutes ago, buzza said:

Only negative was Hall in the second half; he made about four dodgy back passes which could have lead to them equalizing and all of their attacks came down his side as he seemed to have been targetted.

When Kelly came on he was much more proactive instead of reactiva and pushed them out quite a bit compared to hall...

Not convinced (I know, one game...)

I never watched the game but the google timeline said hall cleared a couple off the line.

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

I never watched the game but the google timeline said hall cleared a couple off the line.

He did actually make a goaline clearance so well done to him.

Few mistakes that he will be made aware of no doubt...

So all good

6 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Newly promoted teams are often more fitter at the start of the season - the championship is around ten games longer and they enter the cups at the first round. It balances out very quickly though.

Aye. We were poor but you could tell that we were going to get a hold of the game and strangle them.

It was going to be one of those ‘decent starts by the underdog, before losing what turns out to be a comfortable game for the opposition’ games.

The red card, and the referee ensured that wasn’t to be the case though.

As I say, they’ll go down and not even put up any reasonable fight to stay up. They are probably worse now they they were when they went down.

Been wracking my brain thinking of times we’ve won when we’ve been down to 10 (or 9) men for a reasonable amount of time.

Can think of 3. All against Southampton at home