Newcastle United 1-0 Southampton (17/08/24)

Disco

15 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Nick Pope (Newcastle): He made numerous saves and was just as solid as a rock. He struggled with injuries at the end of last season but was great on Saturday as Newcastle ground out a win with 10 men against Southampton.

Dan Burn (Newcastle): Playing centre-half - and then in a back three when Newcastle went down to 10 men after Fabian Schar's red card - he was a monster. I don't think he gets the credit he deserves considering just how good he's been for how little they paid Brighton for him.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cdx6lekn03no

Troydini's first team of the week

Eddie H was manager of the week too.

Decent team. 

Schar was stupid for reacting and Ben Diaz was also in the wrong 

Two red cards all day (in this day and age) 

Back in the day , it would have been (two yellows) and both told to get on with the game and stop pissing about 

They both know the rules , and both put their heads together.

Diaz conned the ref , and deserves all the criticism. 

Schar should have just laughed and walked away , we all know what Schar is like , he had done this sort of thing before.

I don't think the rules say that putting heads together is an automatic red card, do they?

Of course nobody 'should' react, but it's not in a normal person's instincts to expect another person to jump to the floor when you do nothing to them. It's a bit of a false criticism. 

From .com:

This is the first instance in the Premier League that we've found of Newcastle having a player dismissed before taking the lead and then holding on for all three points.

There are a trio of games in the PL era when we have achieved that feat:

1998/99 Crystal Palace (h) FAC won 2-1. Shay Given sent off on 14 minutes at 0-0.
2009/10 Doncaster Rovers (h) Ch won 2-1. Zurab Khizanishvili sent off on 85 minutes at 1-1.
2014/15 Crystal Palace (a) LC won 3-2. Mehdi Abeid sent off on 100 minutes at 2-2.

Slightly mental that stat.

24 minutes ago, 54 said:

From .com:

Slightly mental that stat.

Wew that's mental. A once in 30-year event :lol:

Would doubtless have won 5 nowt if Howe wasn't out-thought n'all. 

Just watching a clip of Danny Murphy on Talksport last night, another pundit rightly criticising BBD, but he said we are appealing (not seen that elsewhere) but he also said they don't give the extra game for a frivolous appeal anymore.

If that's true, we may as well appeal it, if no danger of it being increased. Anyone know if that's true?

I would be shocked if its not overturned. I dont think anyone can look at that and say its not a wrong decision.

I would also like to believe that Diaz was given a suspension, but that is probaly more fantasy.

2 minutes ago, NoU said:

I would be shocked if its not overturned. I dont think anyone can look at that and say its not a wrong decision.

I would also like to believe that Diaz was given a suspension, but that is probaly more fantasy.

Prepare to be shocked.

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

That’s what someone was posting the other day. They got shat on forcefully

Sorry, I thought it was a serious post.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What he should have said: "I have reflected on my actions and I recognise my behaviour was embarrassing and not within the spirit of the game. I apologise"

What he actually said "I'm a cunt with no talent who has to cheat to gain advantage".

9 hours ago, BonesJones said:

Dickhead.

"I’m just trying to play football."

Literally the opposite of what he was doing in that situation.:lol:

Edited by Erikse

6 hours ago, BonesJones said:

Dickhead.

Was eminently pleasing to see the fucking coward shit his pants every time the ball/one of our players went near him after this. Crowd rightly hounded him with every touch.

5 hours ago, nufcjmc said:

Still think him chasing after Schar and pushing him after the whistle was worse than any squaring up they did. 

Same. It was like 10 seconds after the whistle as well. Insane.