Newcastle United 1-0 Southampton (17/08/24)

Disco

This is where we need to evolve as a side that’s better with the ball. Even with 10 men, at home we should be controlling the ball far better than a newly promoted side. 

1 minute ago, ChrisMcQuillan said:

Tyler Dibbling sounds like exactly the sort of carthorse who'll score against us.

18-year-old super prospect. :lol:

13 minutes ago, ohmelads said:

Flip your argument around. What has Schar done that is a red card offence? Diaz is the aggressor. Do you want your centre backs being shoved aggressively to the ground and not standing their ground? The top teams don't take that and we didn't in the season we came 4th. The spotlight here has to be on the officiating - it's a disgraceful decision.

I used to referee, and it's in the laws. Just putting your head there in an aggressive manner is enough, which ever way you cut it he did that. 

It's not fair, and you're correct Diaz was the initial aggressor, but as happens in these things, he got Fab to give him the chance play act. The retaliation was not really much, but what it was, was enough. Mate i agree with most of your view, but a red unfortunately it was as the Laws are.

Edited by Bimpy474

Just now, Bimpy474 said:

I used to referee, and it's in the laws. Just putting your head there in an aggressive manner is enough, which ever way you cut it he did that. 

It's not fair, and you're correct Diaz was the initial aggressor, but as happens in these things, he got Fab to give him the chance play act. The retaliation was not really much, but it was was enough. Mate i agree with most of your view, but a red unfortunately it was as the Laws are.

It’s because of people like you that the game’s gone

1 minute ago, Bimpy474 said:

It's not fair, and you're correct Diaz was the initial aggressor, but as happens in these things, he got Fab to give him the chance play act. The retaliation was not really much, but what it was, was enough. Mate i agree with most of your view, but a red unfortunately it was as the Laws are.

You are the part of the problem

It's just another shit attempt at possession football mixed with tactical fouling from a newly promoted side. Doesn't help that incompetent refs fall for their shite and never book them appropriately.