Bournemouth vs. Newcastle United: 25/08/24 @ 14:00 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

On 17/08/2024 at 20:56, Skeletor said:

They always seem to do well against us. Hopefully buck the trend this time.

No Semenyo vs out of form/lack of confidence slow Dan Burn at LB or in form Solanke this time though. They'll have to find another strategy if they want to win. I'm not sure they will. Fancy us to be a lot better away from home this season, and for Howe to get his first(?) league win against them.

Can't say I'm optimistic but we should definitely be looking for a statement win here. We've always underperformed against them and ought to be bucking that trend this year.

4 hours ago, Conjo said:

No Semenyo vs out of form/lack of confidence slow Dan Burn at LB or in form Solanke this time though. They'll have to find another strategy if they want to win. I'm not sure they will. Fancy us to be a lot better away from home this season, and for Howe to get his first(?) league win against them.

Is Semenyo injured? Or are you just alluding to BDB not being LB anymore?

On 17/08/2024 at 22:40, Lush Vlad said:

I always feel like we play a bit crap here? Small pitch, long old way to go, their style of play. All genuine reasons? One COVID year in that orange kit being the outlier. Might be totally wrong. 

There were certainly excuses last year with so many missing. 

Genuinely no idea what to expect. A 2-0 either way wouldn’t surprise me. 

Small stadium that comes in close to the pitch but not a small pitch. The pitch dimensions are 105 x 68m, exactly the same as most other Premier League stadiums including yours.

Another interesting one. Given the Howe connection, I have a suspicion there was some massaging of the fixture computer results to make this our first home match of the season since it's the game where we'll be celebrating 125 years since we were founded. The precursor to the club is even older but that's the official date for this version. I doubt it will change anything that happens on the pitch but for those who are travelling, there might be a few extra things going on given our American owner's love of the razzle-dazzle.

I wouldn't read too much into our first match since we fielded an odd line up due to illness in the camp and no fit or available senior striker. I suspect we'll be a bit more orthodox on Sunday. If we do play like we did against Forest you'll obliterate us but I think and hope we'll be a very different proposition. I don't have any insight on Evanilson apart from his signing feeling about as out there as a Brazilian international striker playing in the English leagues in the 1980s before the Sky money arrived. Not impossible, just highly unlikely. Incidentally, why did you sell Mirandinha? His goal record for you looks alright according to the stats.

If you're going to target something then just aim to bang in loads of crosses. Our keeper looked very shaky on them most of last season and that continued on Saturday. There's some deal in the works for us to get Mamardashvili on loan but that may come to nothing since we're only the third party in a deal between Liverpool and Valencia.

How's the feeling about Howe these days? And do you think there is any truth in the rumours linking him with the England job? Got to be honest, if he did take the job it would be a huge source of pride given his connections to my club. I think I read something about him having less allies in the board room because Staveley and someone else had left. Media nonsense or something in that?

Let's hope for a good match either way. Both teams like to attack so it should be entertaining at the very least.

If it now turns out to be a boring 0-0 you can blame me.

Don’t fancy us at all against these, would take a point. Would probably start Barnes instead of Gordon, don’t think we will get away with players not being fully fit here.

2 minutes ago, WillDanceForChocolate said:

How's the feeling about Howe these days? And do you think there is any truth in the rumours linking him with the England job? Got to be honest, if he did take the job it would be a huge source of pride given his connections to my club. I think I read something about him having less allies in the board room because Staveley and someone else had left. Media nonsense or something in that?

Most still absolutely love him, myself included.  There are a few on here who seem desperate for him to fail, for some reason.  Or perhaps that they think we'll instantly do better with another manager.  Twitter has similarly outlandish views about Howe.  But not fair to judge a fanbase on Twitter morons.  

I think there is certainly some truth in losing allies in Staveley and Ghodoussi and some noise around the England job.  I'd be gutted if he went there, as I'm certainly a club over country fan.  Plus I don't even think with how he works and his style.  He would be suited to being an international manager. 

My own view on Howe that he is nearly as important as the takeover and getting rid of Mike Ashley.  I think he has been a breath of fresh air and has got me connected to the club again.  After years of disinterest.  He's not perfect and the injuries last season (and at Bournemouth by the sounds of things) are a bit of a worry.  The same way I think the way we build our attacking play from back to front can be a bit lacking and disjointed at times. 

But they're minor gripes.  8.5 or a 9 out of 10 since joining.   

28 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Most still absolutely love him, myself included.  There are a few on here who seem desperate for him to fail, for some reason.  Or perhaps that they think we'll instantly do better with another manager.  Twitter has similarly outlandish views about Howe.  But not fair to judge a fanbase on Twitter morons.  

I think there is certainly some truth in losing allies in Staveley and Ghodoussi and some noise around the England job.  I'd be gutted if he went there, as I'm certainly a club over country fan.  Plus I don't even think with how he works and his style.  He would be suited to being an international manager. 

My own view on Howe that he is nearly as important as the takeover and getting rid of Mike Ashley.  I think he has been a breath of fresh air and has got me connected to the club again.  After years of disinterest.  He's not perfect and the injuries last season (and at Bournemouth by the sounds of things) are a bit of a worry.  The same way I think the way we build our attacking play from back to front can be a bit lacking and disjointed at times. 

But they're minor gripes.  8.5 or a 9 out of 10 since joining.   

Was gonna say something pretty similar to that :thup:

Referee: David Coote. 

Assistants: Lee Betts, Craig Taylor. 

Fourth official: Simon Hooper. 

VAR: Tim Robinson. 

Assistant VAR: Neil Davies.

Horrible compact ground that always brings back nightmares of giant killings. Never seem to be able to ever open this team up despite their lowly status. 

Could do with Joe willock for this if he's fit. Think we need some width so wingbacks might be an option 

1 hour ago, WillDanceForChocolate said:

Small stadium that comes in close to the pitch but not a small pitch. The pitch dimensions are 105 x 68m, exactly the same as most other Premier League stadiums including yours.

Think it's just the shit low view camera that makes it look tighter 

14 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

First game Pawson, second game Coote, yay.

:lol: at this rate the Forest cup game will see them bring Uriah Rennie out of retirement for one night.

32 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

First game Pawson, second game Coote, yay.

I’ll be bald as a Coote from pulling my hair out at his useless fucking decisions.

Jeez, its only Tuesday and I'm already suffering from withdrawal symptoms!

I feel quite positive about this one. They'll be more relaxed now.

Thought there was a weight of expectation bearing down on the team v Saints.

Our team there last November in the 2-0 loss:

Pope

Trippier

Lascelles

Schar 

Hall

Longstaff

Miley

Willock

Joelinton

Gordon

Almiron

First time Bruno will have ever played there, then this Sunday. Hopefully the difference this time as we seem incapable of beating even the poorest of opposition without him.